The Cost of Money

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by TruthSeeker, Oct 13, 2007.

1. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

In the past couple of months I've worked very hard to earn money. I spent most of my time trying to earn money and I ended up not spending much time with my family. And the little time I spent with my family, wasn't that great, because of huge stress. Is it worth it? When house prices are so high, isn't it better to just accept renting and actually spend more time with my family? Is it worth to work too hard for money? :shrug:

I can always get a credit card.... LOL!!!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

( :bawl: )

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

You are correct, family is much more important than money BUT you'll need money in order to have a family so the real question is how much do you really need in order to keep your family together.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2007
  4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Yorda Registered Senior Member

why do people work to get money? is it because they have nothing better to do and feel like they should do something?

if you don't have money you can just get credit cards and buy everything with them. you will have several millions of debt later of course, but who cares, you will DIE soon anyway. if you have kids, before you die, don't forget to tell them how to get credit cards so that they don't have to pay back those millions of dollars.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

But you'll need to repay those credit cards with very high interest rates, 20% or more.

8. tablariddim forexU2 Valued Senior Member

My belief is that you work damn' bloody hard between 20 and 40 and make your money, so that life can be a little easier as you get older and not so capable of hard work. Family and friends should never be forgotten of course but you mustn't lose your focus because of other people; we are born alone and die alone. Stress, anger and doubt all come with the territory, welcome to the world.

9. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Or just rob banks and not get caught, no competition involved.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2007
  10. Yorda Registered Senior Member

tablariddim, why are you Lying? we are born together and die together.

11. tablariddim forexU2 Valued Senior Member

Who were you born with?

12. Yorda Registered Senior Member

mom, dad, bro and big sis

13. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

14. tablariddim forexU2 Valued Senior Member

No, you came out alone and you will die alone, spectators, vessels and accompanying souls don't count.

15. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

But me umbilical cord was attached to me mum, so we were together when I was hatched!

16. Yorda Registered Senior Member

death is a Joke because i can't die (check my usertitle), so dying 'alone' is even stupider and funnier joke

17. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

your umbilical cord was attached to your placenta. Which your mum rejected too in the end.

18. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

It's your decisions, and no one else's. ...unless someone is forcing you to work so hard and long? If so, that's not very nice of them.

Time to take stock of yourself and your own life and your own needs and wants, TS, and coming here to ask about it is going to cause you nothing but problems. It's your decision ....and you have to make it.

Move your family out to a big cave in a secluded place and enjoy life if you can.

Baron Max

19. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Well, here's the issue. If I work hard, I could be making around $10,000 a month of passive income by the end of next year, which would help a lot to buy a house and give my family a pretty decent life. But it takes a lot of work for that. First of all, I would have to pay a total of $1,275 just for government related fees such as licenses and incorporation costs directly and indirectly related to hiring employees. First I have to make that kind of money part-time before I hire employees (you see, the actual paid work I do part-time, but the management, planning and administration is all done full-time for free!). Since I'm earning around $2,400 and using up around $1,200, it would take me another month of hard work for that, meaning less time spent with my family. Of course, that doesn't include other personal bills, like immigration lawyer bills (ouch). Which is why it could take me the rest of the year of hard work. I will probably put off my expansion plans for next year so that I can actually spend time with my family this Christmas. Those costs also don't include other business costs, such as producing business cards, taxes (altough I have tons of credits), buying a new computer (this one is pre-historic) and business software.

Anyways... Hopefully I will make enough part-time to have a nice Christmas... :shrug:

20. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

The KEY is to hire people to do the work for me. Then I will actually own a business (not a job) and I can eliminate the present income ceilling (hence why I only work part-time). But the logistics of doing that is tricky. First I have to find people who have the "expertise" to do this, at the wage I'm offering (which is quite reasonable, btw). Then I have to make sure that they are actually as good as they seem. Then I have to slowly increase both sides of the scale (employees and clients). If I have too many employees and not enough clients, I'm losing money. If I have too many clients and not enough employees, then I'm not getting work done. Tricky balance there.... Hence one of the reasons I rather incorporate. And then I have to find a business name. Oh great. What should the name of my business be? I don't know! I've been thinking for months and I don't know yet. LOL!!

21. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

they cost around 300 euro a day in Europe though.

22. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Here, I charge $250 CDN a day for accounting, compared to $500 CDN a day for most accountants. It costs $15/hour to hire a bookkeeper.

23. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

So you are not pricing yourself right.

15$ an hour for a bookkeeper probably means a crappy one that doesn't report his income to the taxes.