Beyond your control

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by nietzschefan, Oct 12, 2007.

1. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

Ever been in a situation where people yell or get mad at you and it's not your fault or it's completely beyond your control?

Happens all the fukin time to me in the I.T field, a part of my job I LOATHE.

Well today there was some major accident outside the one exit/entrance for cars/trucks. Police even taped off the area. Probably street racers or something.

We can get no trucks in or out and business is basically shut down. LMAO I love it. fukin Karma is a bitch isn't it? Everybody here gets a taste of what I go through day in and fukin day out. Today is a great day! I can't wait to see how these same assholes, whom blame me for a rejected e-mail from a blacklisted IP or for a fuckin power outage, handle this "crisis", lmao. I hate people.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

Is that why your phone went off at 7:24 am?

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

Nope - THAT was a power outage.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

HAHA RAY must be losing his hair.

8. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

they are all going apeshit, I LOVE IT

9. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

GO to them NOW and ask for your raise lol.

10. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

Stop posting here, you are going to get us a new entry in that freak "tor"'s blog...

Hopefully I can give 'em the kiss off today...

11. mikenostic Stop pretending you're smart! Registered Senior Member

Get a room, you two.

Nietzsch, I work in I.T. too. 'Nuff said.

12. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

The simple solution to this is to reframe your disposition in relation to those in your work setting.

Your comment about loathing this aspect of your job might not even be a problem that needs to be solved. If in fact you find it important or desirable to loathe this apsect of your job, you might as well rejoice in the perfection of your life.

If it is indeed something that totally sucks and makes your job all the more crappier, it is most definitely worth addressing. Unless of course you have rationalized that there is nothing you can do about it, but cry and deny.

If you didn't know this yet, feelings of loathing and stress are poisons to your body chemistry. These emotions produce more degenerative acids than foods that are typical of an American unhealthy diet. If you had any sort of ability to control your feelings regardless of how others treat you, it would at least be in the best interest of your anatomy to avoid negative feelings like a plague. Does this mean it is best to avoid situations that ignite negative feelings in you? Or does it mean it is in your best interest for the sake of your survival and/or your advantage that you laugh in the face of anything that pathetically attempts to ignite anything in you?

With regards to your OP, you are clearly an individual that is easily influenced. Otherwise, you would not be influenced into such disgraceful feelings. The frame is to be the valued individual. The star player or mvp. If you don’t see yourself as that, nobody else will. They need you. You are valuable to them. You don’t need them. Therefore, act like it. If you are getting yelled at for an unforeseen problem that there is no way you could have anticipated, it is clear that your frame is that of the sucky player. Nobody’s perfect. Except for the mvp. The mvp is perfect. The mvp knows not the meaning of unforeseen. The mvp anticipates everything. The mvp never makes mistakes. The mvp never allows anything to make him look bad. But but but it’s not my fault and blah blah blah. The fact is, when anything bad happens, it’s always the mvp’s fault. A freak storm appears out of nowhere. Does the mvp save the day or does the storm triumph?

Simply interact with these people as a perfect badass that never allows anything bad happen to any system under his command. You might not be the best at what you do, but you certainly know you excel to the point where those around you are thoroughly impressed by your capabilities. It might sound gay, but that 'A' student that the teachers love is you. Your strength and happiness are not affected by your surroundings. Your surroundings are affected by your strength and happiness.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2007
  13. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

Wow Lixluke that was a kick ass post. You are right, I am easily influenced... Right out the door to a better paying job(with less responsibility). Seriously, though I did give them an opportunity to keep me and they blew it(I acted like king shit, something similar to what you alluded to), and they are screwed.

Acting all over confident and laying bullshit on, is just not my style. I do not care if that gets you ahead in this world. I do not play games. What you see is what you get and if you don't like it, I just move on.

14. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

Ahhhhh it's on to bigger and better things (crosses fingers)

I went to the bank today to fix up the bankcard he lost..........

They sat me down in an office and offered me the world lmao.....I said ummmmm
    I really only want to replace my sons bank card, so he can start his paper route LOL

15. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

You need a nice rack of guns and a picture of your nice rack to put up at your place of work.

Combine that of a picture where you practice your gun skills on some melons or a few dogs.

Word will spread and they will change their attitude towards you.

ask Baron Max.

16. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

Heh, well they knew about my ablility/comfort with guns at this workplace. I have a picture on my desk of my semi-vicious dog "Bruce" about to bite my face with the meanest junkyard dog look on his face. It is in a picture with a frame shorty found with words like "Love is life's most beautiful mystery. It often comes, filling the heart with sudden joy". Yes me and me crazy dog framed like this, if that don't spell out crazy-be careful to these people, well I give up. I guess I just have one of those faces that says "harmless". A good thing when getting hired, not so good when asking for a raise...

Shorty : did they try to get him a line of credit? I would not put it past the bank to offer him some credit at age 11.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2007
  17. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

LOL no but they wanted to give me tons more credit and money, I refused i bet that don't happen much, because she looked at me funny and said ARE YOU SURE?

18. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

was everyone OK?

19. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

No. The guy at fault, could not wait behind a car turning left into our lot, so he goes in the oncoming lane(quick think people - if a car is STOPPED doing a left hand turn - chances are that car is waiting for ONCOMING TRAFFIC).

You guessed it, head on collision. This Toronto road warrior(not an elite, but norm sort of Cadre I hate to admit), had his DAUGHTER in the back seat WITHOUT A SEAT BELT.

Rumour had it, she was banged up pretty bad. Thus a huge special collision police van etc and a closed off drive way.

Get this, my boss, my company then TRIED TO SELL THE VIDEO FOOTAGE FROM OUR SURVEILLANCE TAPES to local media. All the big bosses are like "Good job, good job" "WOW what a crash!". All knowing a little girl was hurt.