Class III Recreational Pilot License

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Mickmeister, Oct 11, 2007.

1. Mickmeister Registered Senior Member

I have wanted a recreational pilot license for a long time. My main hold up has been my history of epilepsy. It's been thirteen years since I had epilepsy surgery. I have not had a single seizure since. Today, I went back to the FAA's web site and read the following "Rolandic seizures may be eligible for certification if the applicant is seizure free for 4 years and has a normal EEG." I never had Rolandic seizures, I had TLE instead. It has been thirteen years since and my EEGs are normal along with being medication free. That note I read here has given me some encouragement to apply. I expect it would go before a committee for review before granting or denying my application. Do you think I would have a chance at passing the physical if I apply or would it just be a waste of time?

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

You'll never know unless you try!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Mickmeister Registered Senior Member

You are right. I also found this in the aviation medical examiner's guide

I found nothing in the documentation mentioning being seizure free and normal eegs due to surgery, so I might actually have a chance. Thanks for the encouragement. I am going to go for it.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

:bravo::itold:

8. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Why, oh, why would you ask a bunch of anonymous members of a silly Internet discussion forum??? Why not just ask the fuckin' aviation board that grants the permits? One lousy phone call.

That's almost as bad as people asking medical advice here! ...LOL!

Geez, some people......?

Baron Max

9. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

That's great encouragement baron, I'm certain that will really get him going.

10. Mickmeister Registered Senior Member

I figured with you vast knowledge, you could tell me oh great one.

11. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

I did ....call the aviation board that issues the permits.

But certainly don't ask a bunch of idiots on an anonymous forum site like this one! And even worse than that is to believe anything that those anonymous posters advise you to do.

Baron Max