who is this dead guy??

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Orleander, Oct 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

I keep seeing his ad in science magazines and I have no idea what he is selling. I read his ad over and over and I just don't get it. Isn't it just common sense?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. redarmy11 Registered Senior Member

Not if you're the kind of mental dwarf who buys books with titles like The Dynamics of Human Relations: How To Succeed with People and How To Get Your Ideas Across and How To Get Leadership and Influence. The kind of books that promise the world and deliver only platitudes. They are mystifyingly popular though. Licences to print money. I might write a few.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

Orelander, sometimes you just crack me up!

It tells you right in that link you posted that his name is Richard W. Wetherill and that the company he founded (and the books he wrote) teach business leadership skills. I've known some people who took some of those classes. They are very similar to Dale Carnegie's stuff.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

I know his name, but I don't know who is is!

I mean, is he just a door to door show salesman who wrote self help books or did he used to be a cult leader and they are continuing his work?!

8. redarmy11 Registered Senior Member

They're a publishing house. They probably don't have to pay him any royalties any more (ok, ok - maybe a dollar or two to his estate..).

Edit: Actually, he seems to be their only author. So maybe run by his estate?

9. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Others are already writing books very similar to his today. They are all about the same thing, self help.

10. thredbear Registered Member

A number of Wetherill's books

can be studied free of charge at The Alpha Publishing House.

His associates have recently begun funding public service advertising, though Wetherill first identified the law of absolute right decades ago which states that right action gets right results, wrong action gets wrong results.

The careful and honest student may conclude that mankind's internal blinders have previously prevented him from helping himself and others in any meaningful way.

We've all been controlled by innumerable unconscious internal blinders but we haven't been aware of that fact. The unconscious distortions of logic cause all our problems.

This information is for the first time putting people in a position to begin to solve their problems.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.