Getting shafted for years.

Discussion in 'Business & Economics' started by cosmictraveler, Oct 8, 2007.

1. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

It is interesting that the federal government provides one single refugee with a monthly allowance of $1, 890.00 and each can also get an additional $580.00 in social assistance for a total of $2,470.00.

This compares very well to a single retiree who after contributing to the growth and development of America for 40 to 50 years can only receive a monthly maximum of $1, 012.00 in old age pension and Guaranteed Income Supplement. And don't forget, that's the MAXimum amount, most get way less than that.

Maybe our retirees should apply as refugees!

Lets send this to all Americans, so we can all be ticked off and maybe we can get the refugees cut back to $1, 012.00 and the retirees up to $2,470 00 and enjoy some of the money we were forced to submit to the Government over the last 40 or 50 years.

Please forward to every American to expose what our elected politicians have been doing over the past 11 years - to the over-taxed American.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

we are not over taxed

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. francois Schwat? Registered Senior Member

What pisses me off is that I've been paying for social security for all of my working life and I'm likely never going to see a cent of it come back to me. They should really just completely get rid of social security.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

That's because you pay social security for the current generation. The new generation will/might pay social security for your generation.

8. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

The way kids are nowadays, you can forget that altogether.

9. maxg Registered Senior Member

Another urban myth and one that isn't even supposed to apply to the US (if that was your intention):

http://www.snopes.com/politics/immigration/refugees.asp

10. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

snopes is a hoax.

11. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

i dont know about america being over taxed but i know we are in Uk! We are taxed on everything, oh hang on that's a lie.....the one thing we are not taxed on are childrens clothes

12. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

Children's clothes don't have VAT?

13. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

nope! they are tax free

14. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

Hmmm, if I lose weight maybe I can fit into children's clothes....

Or buy fat kids clothes.

15. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

lol,

and if your tall cut your legs of at the knees!!

for example i am 5ft short and i can wear childrens trousers! I get my shoes from the kiddies section in shoe shops, which is quite maddening because when i want a nice pair of going to drinking shoes i have to oder them from a special catalogue!

also if i but jeans from a shop and they are adult jeans i have to take them up about 6inchs

16. Roman Banned Banned

No, it won't. Not unless we see a huge tax hike.

17. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

This myth started in Canada which actually did pay that to refugees. I don't think the monthly allowance stayed at 2000+ bucks. I think that was the initial payment.

They DID setup the somalian refugees up in a 5*star condo in Mississauga. Being used to the straw huts in the Sierra Leone(or whatever) the refugees pissed all over the walls and caused 100s of thousands of dollars in damages - the condo owner sued the government for that money, of course.

18. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

HAHA I remember that! There was also another really nice building in that same area. They gave them a few floors in it. The whole building went downhill and they couldn't sell any units unless they were dirt cheap. The people who owned there were so pissed because their units were almost worthless!