Muslims in europe

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Sock puppet path, Sep 29, 2007.

?

kan it verk?

1. Ja!

3 vote(s)
    42.9%
  2. Nein!

3 vote(s)
    42.9%
  3. ich eine berliner

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  4. dumkoff

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Sock puppet path GRRRRRRRRRRRR Valued Senior Member

I was watching this documentary today about muslims in europe and I realized that they really aren't that different and interfaith dialogue is possible. What do you think

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. draqon Banned Banned

hilarious clip...far from reality thou

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

Muslims are various and different.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Maybe, but other sources tell different stories. I'm sorry, but the literal message of islam reads like a supremacist treatise with respect to other belief. It might work, but odds are that it won't. Something will "happen" and some religious leader or other will decide that islam is imperilled and then it will be open season on the hideous unbeliever. Just ask the Zoroastrians in Iran, or the Copts in Egypt, or any other religious minority in Pakistan. There is no islamic nation in the world in which religious minorities had reasonably equal treatment (except maybe, ironically, Iraq). When and if populational majority is reached, the time will be considered ripe for open, forcible da'wa and sharia. The idiot Christians and Jews won't fight back because it isn't their way, and Arabesque fascism will be the de facto government. The islamic communities will - as now - refuse to police their radicals, turning a blind eye to "what's spiritually good for those pesky unbelievers", as in Egypt and allowing the more strident and vocal of their community to harass others into extirpation. This is tribalism; this is humanity.

8. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

9. Zakariya04 and it was Valued Senior Member

HEY SPP

i hope things are going ok with you?

Of course we are not different, i dont class myself as different to you or anyone else here on a personal level of course i have different beleifs like we all do but that wont effect things bon an interpersonal level

Dear Geoff,

many thanks as always for your input.

the thing is their is no Islamic society in the world today and i doubt their will be in the forseeable future. The world and people are not ready for an Islamic society. Also i dobt muslims know what an islamic society is let alone create one.

But SPP, is justw odnering whetehr we can get on together and obviusly we can. The vast majority of muslims in England have non muslim friends who they go out with and have fun with etc..

~~~~~~~
    cheers
    zak

10. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

11. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

Looks like someone hasn't learned about extremism

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Yes, if you have a dictatorial government, with very very strong religious control, you'll get that.

Same thing with Christianity. Like the Puritans that went to Massachusets, they had no religious tolerance.

Until you can prove that it doesn't happen in Christianity as well, your point is not, by my eyes, valid.

12. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Yes, they're all dictatorial. All of them. Why is that, do you think? And why the extremist attitudes in Europe and North America?

13. Zakariya04 and it was Valued Senior Member

Hi Geoff,

whats an islamic soceity in you opinion then

cheers zak

14. John99 Banned Banned

15. Zakariya04 and it was Valued Senior Member

eeerrr Hi John

could you elaborate on that

~~~~~~~~
    cheers zak

16. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Any islamic nation. You might not want to call them an "islamic society", a) they'd disagree and b) the difference would be moot.

17. Zakariya04 and it was Valued Senior Member

Ok geoff,

so what do you mean by an islamic nation

~~~~~~
    cheers
    zak

18. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

A nation that bases its laws on islamic law, and where most of the populace is comprised of muslims. Is this relevant?

19. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

Is America a Christian society?

Why are they all dictatorial? Good point. I can safely say it has nothing to do with Islam, so much as the environment mixing with Islam.

The opressive environment, the wars, and the invasions from the West are behind such things.

20. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Partially, in that most of the people there are, and that much of their law is based on religious credo. Yet - and this is an important yet - they are sublimating religious law where it conflicts with social equality. It isn't perfect yet, but it's getting better.

Or I might point out that they might all be dictatorial precisely because they are so fervently religious. You can't really blame Saudi Arabia's collective religious madness on the Americans; if the Yanks were going to set up a dictator, they'd hardly care what religion he was. Pakistan is the same. And how does one explain Indonesia, or Malaysia, or Dubai, or Morocco, or anyplace else the evil evil West hasn't put it's hands in? No, the common denominator is religion.