Integrated Causal Model

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by Pine_net, Apr 29, 2002.

1. Pine_net Chaos Product Registered Senior Member

ICM thoughts-

If my thinking is correct, adaptation occurs in response to statistically present genetic complexity, not just statistically present environmental contexts. A new adaptation that requires the presence of a previous adaptation cannot spread unless the prerequisite adaptation is present in the genetic environment with sufficient statistical regularity to make the new adaptation a recurring evolutionary advantage.

Could computers model evolutionary advantages and then program these advantages into humans through gene therapy essentially forcing an evolutionary change?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Merlijn curious cat Registered Senior Member

I guess that would be extremely hard. Here is why: a genetic adaptation will mainly an advantage in relation to changing environmental situations. I think one would also need to know the future environmental changes. Would be hard to predict.
    (or do I miss the point? 'cuase I admit- I'm not sure)

Merlijn

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. kmguru Staff Member

Computers are not independent entities as yet. So we use computers to model and initiate adaptive behaviour. As your kids see and adapt, they pass on the traits that is ever so slightly different than the past. Major changes occur mostly in the information processing area rather than in the hardware...so we will use gene therapy to directly influence the hardware....

YES....

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.