He should have been dead....

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by cosmictraveler, Sep 25, 2007.

1. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. MacGyver1968 Fixin' Shit that Ain't Broke Valued Senior Member

That was one Hail of a wreck. I live in Dallas, and that was on the news this morning. The crazy thing is: after he said he should have died in the crash, he told the reporter he was going to try to race again in a month. He's got set of brass ones, doesn't he?

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

I'd say he should just stop now, his 9 lives are up. He is to worried about his daughter and that leads to his mind thinking about her more than himself which leads to problems like this. If he does race again I think he is foolish and is putting money and ego ahead of family and life.

To see the crash ....

http://www.nhra.com/content/news/24436.htm

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. draqon Banned Banned

I thought you guys were talking about the dude who crashed in a plane...and totally survived while all the metal was compressed around him. This is though really crazy as well...he is a real fan of racing thou, its his life, even if it means risking it everyday.

8. Reiku Banned Banned

One word to describe him...

egocentric

9. draqon Banned Banned

or

really really really caring

He does this because thats were he gets the money for the family, without risk in his life...there is no money

10. Reiku Banned Banned

Actually, i would check first to see whether he had that passion before any fammily life... even if not, he could still make his money other ways... like a male stip dancer... yeh man!

11. Reiku Banned Banned

Besides, this cannot be totally for his fammily... money is irrelevant with a job you love so much no?

12. draqon Banned Banned

a job he loves very much is for the purpose of providing for the family, combining love for job and love for family is not a sin.

13. Reiku Banned Banned

No... never said it was a sin. sin is murder or prostitution. This man is for no reason risking his needlessly. He has a fammily to think about as well.

14. draqon Banned Banned

well...what he should do than at his age? :bugeye:

a janitor is his only other choice.

15. Reiku Banned Banned

(risking his [life] needlessly.)
    Now i'm just getting confused. The mans stupidity is rubbing off on me.

16. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Correct, he is one of the sports top drivers and has been for over 30 years. He loves his sport and does it for free if he had to. But he doesn't have to and now gets paid well. I just think at nearly 60 years old he should retire for his body cannot take much more pounding like this.He has 4 daughters and one drives a funny car like his. He should be there for her not risking his life any longer...IMHO.