Old

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by peta9, Sep 25, 2007.

1. peta9 Registered Senior Member

When you are old, do you think of killing yourself? Are you disgusted and horrified to be in a wrinkly body with gray hairs? Do you remember your youth and how you used to be and can't recognize yourself? Do you feel people don't 'see' you because you are just "old" looking and are invisible. Do you feel your life slowly ebbing away like asphyxiation?

You will be dead soon, isn't that depressing? How do you deal with it? it must be hell to be old.

Do you think their should be a law that euthanates people at 50 years of age?
    Wouldn't you rather die young than old, wrinkly and crippled? the idea of old people having sex is gross.

Answer my 7 deadly questions.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. shichimenshyo Caught in the machine Registered Senior Member

ewe wrinkly balls slapping on dry cracked ass :bawl:

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

I look forward to growing old, personally.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. peta9 Registered Senior Member

i'm thinking there must be a way of growing old gracefully, perhaps if you have the love of your life with you or children or grandchildren you love dearly who 'know' and 'knew' you and see past your exterior, thereby affirming your identity and real self. i'm wondering.

since i'm into physical stuff and adventuring, i think it would be really hard for me to take.

8. Reiku Banned Banned

When you are old, do you think of killing yourself? Are you disgusted and horrified to be in a wrinkly body with gray hairs? Do you remember your youth and how you used to be and can't recognize yourself? Do you feel people don't 'see' you because you are just "old" looking and are invisible. Do you feel your life slowly ebbing away like asphyxiation?

You will be dead soon, isn't that depressing? How do you deal with it? it must be hell to be old.

Do you think their should be a law that euthanates people at 50 years of age?
    Wouldn't you rather die young than old, wrinkly and crippled? the idea of old people having sex is gross.

1. Yes (even now)...
    2. Yes... it isn't very appealing at all.
    3. Yes... All the time.
    4. No... I haven't reached any prime old age yet...
    5. Yes. Any more asphyxiated and my guts would be comming out my arse.
    6. Of course its depressing. Your just rubbing the fact that i'll have maggots crawling inside my skull now... I think i will get cremated...
    7. How do i deal with it? The Green Stuff
    8. God no. That's like putting to death every homosexual and deformed children.
    9. Yes.

9. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

I can understand that.
    I used to feel the same way.

I got to know and appreciate myself and I have grown to appreciate my whole self - not just the physical.

10. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

Never, ever have thought of that! Nor do I recognize ANY of the other things you've listed. I'm way past 60, still enjoy life VERY much and am looking forward to enjoying as much of it as I can get.

Rather than seeing becoming older as you do (and remember, I'm already there!), I view it as an accomplishment - as a job well done.

But... given the way you feel about it, why don't you go ahead and "check out" now? Why wait, if you think that's the way it's going to be?

11. Oniw17 ascetic, sage, diogenes, bum? Valued Senior Member

I'm so glad I'm not old.

12. peta9 Registered Senior Member

I'm not trying to be depressing. I'm just wondering how people deal with it or how thier identity changes.

13. Ripley Valued Senior Member

God—talk about a killjoy. Chastising anybody who isn't mesmerized by the mirage of eternal youth? If anybody is depressing, it's you: you're old already!

14. Ripley Valued Senior Member

Well, you certainly weren't very dignified about it; I couldn't figure out whether it was a vengeance on your part, or ill will.

15. peta9 Registered Senior Member

No, I was just trying to be honest about it though all the worst case scenarios i could think of, yes.

16. redarmy11 Registered Senior Member

It's a becoming, not a state of being.
    No, but I did when I was 10. Now I think it should be 70. Ask me again when I'm 60.

17. Oniw17 ascetic, sage, diogenes, bum? Valued Senior Member

Why(or how) is post 9 replying to post 10? Or is my computer fucking up?

18. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

Post 10 is a response to post 1.
    He quoted post 1 in post 10.

19. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

No, post 9 is quoting post 10. That IS strange.

20. original sine Registered Senior Member

A post was deleted but not before it was quoted. Then another post with a similar message was submitted. You're old already!

21. redarmy11 Registered Senior Member

Oniw, I think he posted the text of post #9 first, then added the reference to #10 afterwards.

22. dixonmassey Valued Senior Member

Lots of young (relatevely) people want to and kill themselves. If life is pointless and empty, you don't need wait until 50 to realize that.

23. peta9 Registered Senior Member

I know there are different tragic reasons for suicide. But i was thinking old people have a different set of challenges that would be hard to live with but most seem okay with it, i'm just wondering because i don't know. It's not about being pointless but your youth being gone and your life close to ending.