women only!

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by lucifers angel, Sep 21, 2007.

1. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

I need to know how women here would talk they're husbands, boy friends around to they're point of views.

the thing is my friend has got 5 kittens and my daughter and little boy wants one of them desperatly, i would love one, i know i am allergic to them but i can get medication to help with that, i have tried saying we will look after it, you wont have to do anything, but he keeps saying no.

So what can i say now?

i want a kitten

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

I want a diamond ring instead. BTW I'm not a woman but I'll bet that would change his mind.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

My husband wants a dog (he's never had one) but I keep saying no. He said he would fence the yard, and I said ok. 10 yrs later we still don't have a fenced yard and he still doesn't have a dog.
    My husband wanted a new truck, I said we couldn't afford the extra amount. He said he would quit smoking and the money he spends on smokes would cover the extra. I said ok.

Its all about give and take. Is there something he wants that you have been saying no to? If you want him to bend, you have to bend.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

Not being a woman I couldn't tell you a working method, however you could express that "You don't want your children bringing home and playing with Strays now do you?", or "What if the kids are told by a 'Stranger' that they can go play with their kittens?", or "Having a pet is one way of teaching kids responsibility, if they have one they'll have to learn how to feed it, and take it to the vet when it needs spading (okay you can pick another reason, his eyes might water) and also to deal with the situation that eventually arises that when the animal dies".

However his arguments might be:
    "Your really unattractive when your blotchy(because of allergies)" .... Just slap him for that one.

"Cats P**s everywhere and nothing is smellier than stale cat pee (other than cat food)" (It is possible that cats are quite quick at learning what a litter box is for, just remember they need cleaning regularly, not just topping up with litter)
    "Cat food is and smells disgusting" (That argument wins, but then again I'm biased being a Vegetarian)

"Cats scratch everything, the chairs, the table and they can sometimes gnaw on cables" Again a valued argument, which means the cat needs toys (not just children to play with) of course this incurs money being spent and will potentially be another argument in itself (Spending money on a cat!?!).

"Cats capture small birds and rodents and sometimes when they bring them home as a gift they don't even kill them", this is admittedly true and many a household that was intent on keeping a rodent population down has ended up with their houses infested because the cat brings them back to play with and then forgets to kill/chew them.

"Cat puke, hairballs, worms and cat's that drag their butts cross the carpet are a nono" (Again understandible, while means obviously the weight of such clean up operations would be on you and your children. Obviously I'd suggest getting the kids involved rather than 'Just doing it yourself' otherwise you'll end up with lout's for kids.)
    I also mention it because guys are notorious wimps when it comes to cleaning stuff up (guilty!), and due to the next paragraph that taps on the 'Money=Power=High Self Esteem', there might be the concern that cats making messes around a household would potentially lower a houses value.

"Veterinary bills" (Obviously it's not just that food is the way to a man's heart, but anything that potentially empties his wallet is like Estella in Charles Dickens - Great Expectations, some frosty coated temptress crushing your heart and desires in one blow purely for their own amusement.... we'll it's kind of close to having your hard earn't cash spent on something you need to be talked round for.

Admittedly I've tried to be fair, I've tried to perhaps reason as to the ways you could argue and the return argument themselves.

8. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Are you sure you want to get on medication for a kitten ? Maybe you get side-effects and are forced to put the kitten away. Your kids would be upset when that happens..
    I think maybe your husband is just thinking about your health.

At least get plenty of info about the medication you want to get.
    Oh and take Oleanders advice, seems reasonable to me

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

9. peta9 Registered Senior Member

You don't need medication for allergies. All you need to do is bathe the cat once a week. Sometimes only twice a month depending on the cat. That will wash off the stuff on thier coats that make people allergic and the cat will enjoy feeling clean even though they dislike the bath. If you start them early as kittens, they will not be as shocked and combative when it comes to bath time.

10. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

make one of those decisions parents need to make on a daily basis: an unpopular one.

11. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

What are your husbands reasons?

I also am weary about your idea of taking medication for the allergy.
    Didn't you mention you had some other health concerns already?
    I don't beleive in taking medication, unless you really have too.

I know somebody who did the same, and still didn't feel very good.
    They had to get rid of the cat anyway. This is worse then getting
    one in the first place.

12. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

Kill him.
    Get the cat.

No downside.

13. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

Get the cat. And put mice in his sock drawer.

14. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

In this order.

15. Anti-Flag Pun intended Registered Senior Member

Probably because he knows that's bullshit.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Kids always want pets, do they ever look after them? Do they bollocks! Who's going to feed it? Pay for it? Clean up after it? Ok fair enough the kids will probably play with it sometimes but that's about it.
    You've got allergies too so of course he's going to be wary of bringing a cat into the house, he'll have concern for you along with the likelyhood you won't be able to do much for the cat so it's all on him to do.
    He's right to say no, and you should really know that.
    If you still want to persist then refuse sex and just generally be a pain in the ass until he gets so pissed he'll agree - works on most guys after a couple days.

16. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Pet preservation, also known as freeze drying, is the comforting alternative to your pet's burial
    or cremation. Take time to consider all of your options, because only you can decide what is
    best for you and your pet.

See our stories page to read letters and see photos sent to us from people who have chosen
    pet preservation.

Review our FAQ page for answers to frequently asked questions.

Look at the photos to see pictures of our work.
    **We've recently updated our site by having pictures professionally done.
    These new pictures show the true excellence of our work.

Check out our pet health page for links to sites covering various health, disease research and
    nutrition topics.

Pet preservation, freeze dry taxidermy, may be the comforting alternative you are looking for.
    Please call us at 602-230-4268 if you have questions not answered on our site, or if you would
    like to make an appointment. We are dedicated to treating you and your pet with the care,
    kindness, respect and understanding you both deserve.

17. whitewolf asleep under the juniper bush Registered Senior Member

Allergy to cats is very serious. The rash will be big, red, hot, very itchy, and absolutely everywhere. I suggest you think twice. Medication will help with the symptoms, but for that to work you have to be away from the cats. If you continue being around cats, you'll make your allergy worse and mess up your immune system. Medication has side effects as well; plus, you absolutely must not drink alcohol while on allergy medication. Consult a doctor; but most likely the doctor will tell you that you shouldn't get a cat.

Think about getting some other pets.

18. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

Oh?
    I'm allergic to cats - it was triggered somehow after 11 years of owning one.
    I now take one tablet per day and it's fine: I miss the tablet by half an hour and I break out in a rash, itches and violent sneezing.
    Side effects?
    Definitely, now I can have cats.
    Must not drink alcohol?
    Does Guinness or cognac count as alcohol?
    No problems...

19. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

yeah, but you have a pony tail.

20. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

It's a scalp-lock.
    Is there a correlation between "pony tails" and alcohol tolerance/ antihistamine levels?

21. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

depends on if you have a leftie or rightie pony tail.

22. draqon Banned Banned

like I said feminism movement on the rise by specific members...

23. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

Middie.

And?
    Feminism is a bad thing? :shrug: