Britney Spears "Fat"???

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Mickmeister, Sep 18, 2007.

1. Mickmeister Registered Senior Member

I am sure everyone here has seen the news criticizing her on her body as being fat at the VMA awards. I didn't think she was fat in the least. She looked perfectly normal sized to me. What surprised me was even how the general public condemned her for being overweight. CNN was interviewing random people and the majority of them thought she was too overweight for her performance. Both the media and public have contradicted themselves when they say that the super thin models are not realistic and that there should be more normal sized women as role models. Society says that young girls have an image problem because of the super thin actresses and models and that it should be addressed, yet they just reinforced the thought that super thin is still in. It's sad.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

Obviously the Media loves stories of self-destructive annihilation caused by eating disorders like Anorexia which is usually forced on such media celeb's by peer pressure.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

She wasn't fat. She was too old.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. mikenostic Stop pretending you're smart! Registered Senior Member

8. Tyler Registered Senior Member

You missed the point.

They were saying that her body was not in the shape to pull off that greatly revealing lingere in an attractive way. They use words like 'fat' because it draws more publicity. But if you actually read any of the articles they're really just about Britney not being able to look good in super-mini lingere on stage.

Which was true.

9. shichimenshyo Caught in the machine Registered Senior Member

she looked like that girl at the party that would look good after about 3-4 beers...yea I guess thats a compliment, Brittney is a 3-4 beerer

she didnt used to be......sad

10. oreodont I am God Registered Senior Member

????? There are dozens of greasy porkers for every 'too thin' teen. Obviously 'role models' don't have much impact. Teen girsls are getter fatter and not thinner. I heard one family physician addressing this so-called image issue and she stated that she is unlikely to see a single patient in a week who is underweight where it is due to nutrition and,in contrast, a dozen a day who are overweight.... blubber butts are a high % of her practice.

From time.inc.. another doctor

"I'm a physician who works in a clinic dealing with obstructive sleep apnea, a serious condition which is strongly associated with obesity. My impression is that people have been fed the message that it's all right to be fat. There used to be considerably more social stigma attached to obesity than there is now. Despite the very real epidemic of obesity in North America, the media saturates us with stories about "unrealistic body expectations" and whether or not the latest Hollywood starlet is "too thin". From my perspective, these stories are frankly ridiculous--for every one person who is "too thin", there are literally thousands who are much too fat."

America and the western world (Including teens) are TOO FAT. If role models had an impact then the teen role model would be Rosie O'Donnel or Shamu the whale.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2007
  11. superstring01 Moderator

There's, like, a whole thread dedicated to this dweeb somewhere in this sub-forum.

~String

12. Learned Hand Registered Senior Member

Britney, in my opinion, isn't fat. She just had a wardrobe malfunction.

13. shichimenshyo Caught in the machine Registered Senior Member

more like a career malfunction

14. mikenostic Stop pretending you're smart! Registered Senior Member

Hehe... doesn't surprise me. There's also one about him on my WRX forums too.
    The most embarrassing thing for me is that this 'guy' lives in TN.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!