Is this Moral?!

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Borsviek, Sep 18, 2007.

1. Borsviek ****** Registered Senior Member

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Try before you buy.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Borsviek ****** Registered Senior Member

Why is marrige losing its meaning? Its a vow! besides, that is why you date other people!

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

The only meaning of marriage is the effort both parties put into maintaining it.

8. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

^^ what if you have 4 wives? thats 5 parties. and one hell of a party.

peace.

9. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

It is a legal document, nothing more nothing less. All else surrounding it, is typical male/female drama.

10. leopold Valued Senior Member

so is a marriage certificate.

11. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

Yup.

But some people think it's an ownership certificate. All it does is tie your relationship with a 3rd party - the government. Now they get to fuck you too.

12. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

Why would anyone stay in an unhappy marriage?
    Should they be required to?

That said, I think it's idiotic to marry anyone without living with the person for at least a year first.

13. Tyler Registered Senior Member

Actually in most countries you get nice benefits. That's occasionally a big reason people do get married.

14. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Apparently that don't help at all. According to some research I've read in the past few years, the divorce rate of "live-in marriages" is about the same as the "normal" marriages.

Personally, I think it's just the natural human aversion to be "chained" and/or giving up their personal freedoms.

Baron Max

15. Borsviek ****** Registered Senior Member

I guess then the whole moralizing of marriage has lost its meaning. Then why do people actually get married then?

16. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

People do all kinds of dumb fucking things because it is... custom.

17. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

Hey Tyler, I know your Canadian - fill me in on the benefits.

I will detail the glass-half-empty part of this deal...
    I can tell you the Canadian government combines the two incomes and thus as a result:

A) NO GST refund

B) Less Baby bonus(you get more baby bonus as income is less - IT PAYS to NOT have a HUSBAND)

C) Frankly often a higher tax rate as hardly anyone claims spouse as a dependent. If the spouse truly IS a dependent then I got a whole new set of things to bitch about when she(yes she ,lets face it there is only one KFed) leaves ya for... well she don't even need a good reason anymore, maybe bubba at the trailer park has a bigger dick.

D) When divorce happens(hey 50% and holding strong!) you really really learn the costs, I'm not even talking the lawyer fees, the government is happy to gouge you for ANY infromation/documents you need. There are countless ways for anyone(perhaps even her girlfriends whispering bullshit in her ear) to make it a NOT AMICABLE divorce.

E) So far I know of one guy whom is happy with his marriage. Well he got married 2 months ago, sooo you know. My friend whom I thought was happy, I found, is just making appearances for his bigshot lawyer job(yes he is a lawyer and deathly afraid of divorce). The best I see is "comfortable", which frankly you can get "living together".

F) Everything done in Government for revenue generation is directed at the good ol double income family. They love to fuckin tax and target this group, no matter if it is sales tax to income tax. Businesses also like to target this group for special gouging in all kinds of services the married couple needs(consider the gouging when booking for a "wedding" #2, you know that fuckin blood diamond was #1 -GOTCHYA you fuckin sucker!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

). Then after the purchase of a house(hold) taxes/services/all through the fuckin roof. All to maintain the "good" environment for raising/training/indoctrinating the kids to be JUST like mommy and daddy - make sure to not fight in front of them, they might actually get a peak at real life.

When Gays wanted "marriage" in Toronto I was the first guy to say HELLLLLLLLS yes, gouge those fuckers, they are RICH!

18. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

Another kill for thread killer.

19. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

I have heard alot of women demand marriage after a number of yrs, or
    they are gone.

20. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

I never saw a need to get married until I wanted children. I am not about to have bastard children. To me that's like having welfare babies. I refuse to do it.

21. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

I agree.

22. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Yeah, that's 'cause women get old quickly and are no longer marketable! Sagging tits, flabby ass, flabby thighs, wrinkles, ......

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Baron Max

23. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Well, many women might feel the same way, but it doesn't necessarily matter what you want ......over 50% of marriages end in divorce, so it's ultimately the same thing, ain't it?

Baron Max