Let me in!

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Varda, Sep 18, 2007.

1. Varda The Bug Lady Valued Senior Member

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Why does the US make the process of getting in legally so excruciating, complicated and time consuming?
    Submiting people to hundreds of sheets of paper and months of wait while they are trying to give you all the evidence you need that they're doing things the right way doesn't seem to make sense while you have 12 million of illegal imigrants

Could you just cut all the bullshit benefits to these CRIMINALS and start deporting them back to where they came from, and start giving a little more credit to the honest people whose lives you are scrutinizing?

I just want to be with my husband

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Did you marry an American?

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

fly to mexico and walk over the border into america, they wont turn you away if you say your mexican.

peace.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Xev Registered Senior Member

If your husband is American, you should be able to immigrate on his visa?

8. Varda The Bug Lady Valued Senior Member

yes, only 3 months ago

before we got married, I tried to get a tourist visa to go meet his family and got turned down after waiting 2 months for an interview and then standing in line for 4 hours, because I work as a contractor and they judged that I don't have enough bonds in brasil that should justify my return

that's when he decided to move in with me here in brazil. we got married 6 months after that, and then his company demanded his return. he left 2 days after our wedding

we should't have to go through this

9. Varda The Bug Lady Valued Senior Member

it's hysterical, but it's likely to be true

I do stuff the right way though. I have nothing to hide and I owe nothing. I have a degree and I can produce and pay taxes...

fuck

10. Varda The Bug Lady Valued Senior Member

We are in process of obtaining a spouse visa for me. Unfortunately, this takes 6-18 months... and by the look of it, it wont take 6 months

USCIS is on a massive backlog because of a fee change, and a simple notice that they used to deliver in 7 days is taking them soooo long... it has been 39days since our packet was delivered and nothing, they havent even cashed our check yet

11. Xev Registered Senior Member

If anyone wants American citizenship, I'll marry you for 10k or your Dutch/Kingdom of the Netherlands citizenship.

12. Borsviek ****** Registered Senior Member

Americans are always paranoid about terrorism and all that stuff.

13. Borsviek ****** Registered Senior Member

I don't blame them, 9/11 was definitly a wake up call.

14. Xerxes asdfghjkl Valued Senior Member

The idea that you need permission from a government to live somewhere is absurd.

15. Varda The Bug Lady Valued Senior Member

that wouldnt work

the ask for proofs of "bonafide" relationship... proofs of finantial bonds, sworn affidavits from family, pictures, letters, phone records, plane tickets... that'd be one elabrate lie to pull

16. Varda The Bug Lady Valued Senior Member

yes!

there is an imaginary line somewhere, and your husband is on the other side, and you can't cross it

17. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

Interesting concept. So you don't believe any government should decide who to allow into their country - right?

By the way, I totally sympathize with Varda. She should be getting much quicker responses considering her situation.

18. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

that means squat to them, you will have to wait in-line and fill out some more paperwork. dont they have a migration lottery system for america where you are?, they have to let in a certain amount of people on a lottery system as far as i know, maybe try that option.

peace.

19. Xerxes asdfghjkl Valued Senior Member

I don't believe that governments or countries should even exist.

20. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

You should show them picture of Rottie for faster visa processing.

21. Varda The Bug Lady Valued Senior Member

the problem with that is that they dont call it a lottery for nothing... the odds are veeeery small...

i guess we both I just have to be patient... CAUSE IT'S A LOOOONG WAY TO GO tuututuutuu

22. Varda The Bug Lady Valued Senior Member

lololol

23. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

i hope it all goes well for you, but if things dont work out then he could always live in your country with you.

or maybe thats not possible, if so then just be very patient. it helps alot of you know people who work for the government, there are ways to bypass certain rules and regulations.

peace.