Heim and the world of 8 dimensions

Discussion in 'Astronomy, Exobiology, & Cosmology' started by draqon, Sep 16, 2007.

?

Do you believe Heim theory to be true?

1. Yes it holds true on all accounts

25.0%
  2. Yes, but has partial inadequancies

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. No it is totally wrong

25.0%
  4. Heim theory is impossible to prove wrong or right

25.0%
  5. Other

25.0%
  1. draqon Banned Banned

http://www.mufon-ces.org/docs/heimphysics.abstract.pdf

* generating gravitational fields,
    * producing gravitational waves
    * lowering inertia
    * superluminal velocity.

*wiki

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heim_Theory

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. eburacum45 Valued Senior Member

Heim theory has several problems; see this list
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Heim_theory/Archive2#Arguments_contra_HT
    it has never been peer-reviewed, and is probably an example of fudged science- that is, the results are derived from equations which in turn were derived from the desired results; it doesn't seem to predict anything that wasn't already in the data the theory is derived from.
    That is the most telling aspect to this story; Heim tailored his theory to fit his preconceptions and desires, not to reflect the real world. That isn't really the scientific way, I suspect.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. draqon Banned Banned

thing is his mass theorem predicts masses of many quantum particles that have not been discovered at his time.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. eburacum45 Valued Senior Member

Perhaps the most telling comment on the page I referenced is this one, from John Reid himself.
    The innermost workings of this theory seem to be buried in obfuscation, which is not a good thing.

8. draqon Banned Banned

and than John Reid states that the mass values of quantum particles are still capable of being derived without the use of the A matrix.

9. draqon Banned Banned

In fact it is Heim's theory that is the reason there are concepts such as: Helicon Double Layer Thruster engine, NASA VASIMR concept, ANU HDLT.

All these are branches from his studies and are engines employed in space, ion engines.

10. eburacum45 Valued Senior Member

No, Heim's theory has had nothing to do with the development of VASIMR, the Helicon Double Layer Thruster engine or any other ion engine. Where did you get that idea?

11. draqon Banned Banned

I followed Heim Theory which led me to the published article in AIAA in 2005...with the most destinguishable paper for future space travel...which led me to the name of the person who decided to test Heim theory in one of the NASA facilities...I than searched his name and found him to be sponsoring one of the projects which as VASIMR and HDLT...

I mean I guess I went a bit too far here...his sponsorship in VASIMR probably has nothing to do with the Heim theory....but magnetic field study involved in both...

12. Dinosaur Rational Skeptic Valued Senior Member

I voted other because I do not know enough to critique his theory.

After checking a few articles via Google search, the following seem pertinent.
    • Neither he nor his supporters spend much if any effort on claims that other theories are wrong. One of the hallmarks of the crackpot is a lot of effort spent debunking mainstream and/or alternative theories. This is a plus for Heim.

• It is hard to imagine that Heim and his collaborators have made some great advance in the absence of supporters from mainstream physics. Perhaps it is similar to String Theory: Reasonable and self consistent, but not really usable.
    As mentioned above, I do not know enough to judge the merits of Heim theory or the lack of any merit.