Bin Laden against democracy.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Why?, Sep 12, 2007.

1. Why? Registered Senior Member

Bin Laden says his followers need to destroy democracy. Are people in Muslim countries that stupid or brainwashed to believe that democracy is against their own self interest?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

You know, I've thought about that myself. I don't believe it's the average Muslim that doesn't want the freedom to chose, but rather the leaders and clerics that want to keep the power to tell.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Why? Registered Senior Member

Well, Bin Laden is feeding this nonsense to his followers, which makes me think his followers are buying it. It seems so patronizing and irrational, that I have a hard time believing people could be that stupid.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. oreodont I am God Registered Senior Member

Most Muslims don't follow the beliefs of Osama anymore than folks in western countries follow the idiocy of George Bush.

As for democracy. OBL is a Saudi and is against democacy in Saudi Arabia. George Bush and the USA has supported an anti-democratic thug dicatorship in Saudi Arabia for decades. At least on one subject... suppressing democracy in Saudi Arabia...Bush and OBL are on the same page even if they support different types of dictatorships.

8. Why? Registered Senior Member

So, a democracy can't do business with a dictatorship? Is that smart for business or the democracy? Must a democracy always be putting up trade barriers and going to war with countries that aren't democracies? How is that in the interest of the people of the democracy? That would bring a lot of death and destruction.

9. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

Certainly a democracy can do business with a dictatorship - the world has been doing it forever. There's plenty of examples - and a lot of them have centered on oil. And no, war isn't necessary - in fact, it hinders business.

10. vslayer Registered Senior Member

he doesn't want to destroy democracy. he wants to destroy american fascism. if someone were to tell you all your life that dogshit was icecream, then it makes sense that you would turn your nose up at the thought of icecream.

11. Why? Registered Senior Member

No, Bin Laden wants to destroy democracy.

12. shichimenshyo Caught in the machine Registered Senior Member

He wants to destroy what he views as capitalistic hedonistic and evil. I think he wants to destroy a democracy, not democracy

13. Why? Registered Senior Member

Wrong. Bin Laden said:"It has now become clear to you and the entire world the impotence of the democratic system and how it plays with the interest of the peoples and their blood by sacrificing soldiers and populations to achieve the interests of the major corporations. I invite you to embrace Islam"http://www.novinite.com/view_news.php?id=85057

14. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

That's correct. And this "impotent" system has cost him many followers and top leaders and forced him to live like a cockroach, slithering from cave to cave.

Impotent. Yeah, right, bin Laden!!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

15. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

How do you know that? IMO, he's probably living very freely, with minor changes to his appearance.

16. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

I can already answer this.

bin Laden is an extremist fundamentalist

ANY extremmist fundamelist, whether it be Jewish, Muslim, or Christian, would want a strict religious government

However, I can tell you, I do enjoy the freedom I have in Syria. I would hate if Syria became like Saudi

Believe it or not, Syria is very diverse. We have the second highest Christian percentage in the Middle EAst

And, Syrian Christians are not discriminated. One of our neighboring families were Christians, and we don't have a problem

There are also a small amount of Jewish Syrians, and we don't hate them either.

There are also alot of Armenians and Europeans, and we don't discriminate.

And especially compared to, say, Saudi, we have alot of diversity.

17. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

Ha! He's a hunted man who cannot go just anywhere freely. He can no longer use his phone and has to depend on runners to communicate. If people didn't help hide and protect him, his goose would have been cooked long ago. His only contact whith the general public seems to be messengers, audio and video tapes. In other words, he's already a captive of his own making - that's certainly not "living freely."

18. Repo Man Valued Senior Member

It's too bad Proud Muslim isn't here to explain this. He made it clear that both he, and Bin Laden, support an Islamic government. From their POV, there can be no separation of church and state, because the church is the state. It is a seamless entity in their eyes.

This is completely antithetical to my values, and I would fight to prevent that from ever being the case here. But other countries and cultures have different values.

19. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

Proud Muslim and bin Laden are two people out of over one billion Muslims

I, being a Muslim, do NOT support an Islamic government. I want diversity and freedom.

20. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

???Based on whose fantasy? You're assuming everyone thinks like an American?

21. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

Do you have some evidence that he's not living as I described, Sam? If so, let's see it, please?

22. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

I think he is most likely dead.

23. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

That's a possibility. But in any case, my main point was that this is/was a rich man who had been living a plush life until he became involved in all this stuff. Dead or alive, he's had nothing for the past several years like the lifestyle he once led.