Absolute TERROR

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by John99, Sep 11, 2007.

?

YES or No

1. Yes

8 vote(s)
    61.5%
  2. No

5 vote(s)
    38.5%
  1. John99 Banned Banned

Have you experienced inexplicable moments of fear, bordering on absolute terror?

Then you start to think, at this very moment someone you love is dying or the world as you know it is going to change for the worse etc.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

What do you mean by inexplicable moments, John99? Are you asking about terror that arises without explicable triggers, or inexplicable events/moments triggering terror?

8. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

yes, my son was taken when he was 2. For 3 mths I lived in terror and almost had a nervous breakdown.

9. John99 Banned Banned

Thanks for responding.

Wow, Orleander that is something. It is amazing that at 2 years old he would be so aware. I guess for him there was an event

that took place during that period. Without getting too personal, possibly something had changed forever and with time he

understood that everything was going to be fine.

I changed the title from fear to absolute teror but i think that was a mistake, just could not come up with a better description,

the feeling is somewhere in the middle. Certainly not debilitating but the weird part is there is no reason as to why it would

just happen so suddenly. For me this happened only 2 or 3 times and were spread out by very long periods so i know it is not

somehting serious which is why i thought it was more common. The funny thing is it goes away as fast as it happens and last for a

few short minutes. Sometimes i psych myself out and i dont mind that at all, like after you watch a horror movie. I am more

afraid, or at least i used to be, of the unknown instead of natural events.

hypewaders, no triggers that i am aware of though i remember as a child i had a fear of being alone (pretty bad) and every time it

has happened was when i was alone. It is so weird because last night i had a real bad nightmare, i do have nightmares fairly

often, very vivid ones too. One period of my life was so bad that i did not want to go to sleep, i know what the cause of that

was, it was when my last girlfriend broke up with me. As soon as i would go to sleep it was like it was on a timer and they would

start, that only lasted a few months and they could be classified as night terrors, certainly a step beyond ordinary nightmares.

When we are young our senses are much sharper and much of this fades with age along with our imagination.

Note: I typed this response quickly so i might add or change some thing, my internet connection goes out when it rains. I see now that it is not formatted correctly after i pasted it from a text editor. Just wanted to clerify a few things.

10. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

??? he doesn't remember a bit of it. He doesn't even remember how he got scarred up. I'm the one who lived in terror.

11. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

He was taken?
    By whom?
    Why did he get taken?

12. maxg Registered Senior Member

Yes, under LSD. I feel down on the side of a street and was so overcome with terror that I could not move. It was followed, interestingly enough, by a great sense of peace and oneness. Obviously not as lasting as what Orleander went through nor was it exactly inexplicable.
    but definitely

13. Looney Whaaaaat? Registered Senior Member

It sounds like you are having panic attacks John. You need to learn some relaxation techniques to use when another attack comes.
    I haven't had attacks of sheer terror although I occasionally have what would be better described as anxiety attacks.

14. Tnerb Banned Banned

Simple question simple answer.

People have strokes all the time.- I answer yes to this poll, but will not place my vote as it takes way too long.

I am in "absolute TERROR" right now. People on esanga (buddhist forum- very popular) have "absolute TERROR" also. But I think you mean more of a paranomal terror. A terror as in, holy crap, what the heck is going on? It happens to people. They get in absolute terror.

Now.
    What are you asking for... Psychics have absolute terror at the fact that their experiences are projected onto others and they cannot do anything about it. Some, are hurt durring their sleep and wonder if their entire life is going to disappear. Some are in such despair and agony that they do not know what to do. "absolute TERROR" yes, absolute terror- but absolute absolute terror, terror? ...

Please explain,....

15. leopold Valued Senior Member

no.

that isn't funny one raven.
    maybe you should shave your head.

16. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

I wasn't trying to be funny.
    Should I know what she is talking about for some reason?

What are you talking about? :bugeye:

I'm very confused.

What did I miss?

17. Deathfromabove Hopeless and Useless Registered Senior Member

Whenever i feel extremely scared or fearful, its like cold acid from my stomach is travelling up my throat and i start shivering. Does that happen to anyone else????

18. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

No.

19. John99 Banned Banned

Holy smokes Orleander. I wrote my response before you posted that and hadnt seen it untill i read One Ravens reply. Still yhis is different than what i am describing. Looney is closer.

Yes i have had those too but this does not have the physical syptoms, racing heart etc. It is more like fear of things you cannot control and it is psychological in nature with no physical symptoms BUT it is quite possible you are correct. I appreciate your honesty.

:shrug: I have to say that i dont understand that.

20. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

Oh I see. Like a full blown paranoid panic attack. Nope, never.

21. Deathfromabove Hopeless and Useless Registered Senior Member

So what happens to you when you become fearful or scared???

22. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

I have Pavor Noctornus.

23. Deathfromabove Hopeless and Useless Registered Senior Member

Is that something like nightmares or sleep paralysis???