Stab wounds

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by John99, Sep 11, 2007.

1. John99 Banned Banned

If someone was stabbed in the chest with a knife five times in a small group and the cuts were a little larger than your fingers, can you stick your fingers in the holes to stop the blood? At least slow the blood loss enough if the person were to lay here for a few hours. Would doing this save your life alone or was it wishful thinking?

Someone told me this happened to them and both their lungs collapsed in the process. I saw the wounds when they were all healed and they were big enough to kill for sure.

EDIT: If the answer is yes i will have a cool story to tell. That is why i am asking first because it is crucial to the story.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2007
  2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. vslayer Registered Senior Member

it will stop any external bleeding, but if you get stabbed in the chest it will most likely puncture your lung, and if they both fill with blood you will die. the other thing to watch out for is if it severs any of the major arteries around the heart(or the heart itself) even though you've stopped the blood leaving your body, it will still pool up in your chest and most likely you will die of blood loss.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

I have seen more than a few chest wounds in my time. I used to be a paramedic. The width of the wound is immaterial. The depth of the wound is what is important. Sticking a finger in the wound will do nothing to stop bleeding in the case of a chest wound, and it will make it worse…it is not a recommended treatment for a chest wound. If the plural sack is punctured, you should be able to hear a sucking sound or see evidence of air entering the chest through the wound. This is a very serious wound and will require immediate surgical treatment. Untreated it will cause the lung to collapse and will put pressure on the heart...which could result in heart failure.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

when i get stabbed i usualy put a debit or credit card over the wound and press down hard, then go to the hospital for treatment.

peace.

8. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Usually !? How many times have you been stabbed ?

9. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

10. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

let me count the issue number on my debit card.

issue 5.

peace.

11. Enmos Valued Senior Member

What ? For real ? Wow..