Drunk Again?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Atom, Sep 10, 2007.

1. Atom Registered Senior Member

Someone asked this question awhile back on my forum and its provoked some heated debate sooooo...

When people are drunk are they..

1) Likely to actually tell the truth through inhibition...such as 'I love you', 'I never liked you anyway'...or more usually someone you've never met before drawling out "you are me beshtest friend youse are!".

2) Or are they more likely to tell untruth and fabrications?

3) Or a mixture of both.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Ripley Valued Senior Member

It all depends on a foundation of character—and the astuteness of knowing one's permissible loopholes!

Personally, I no longer care for alcohol much. I've always detested the humongous appetite I'd get after even one single drink, then having to endure a ridiculously ponderous stomach—like being tethered on the spot. But the worst is waking up after the next few hours. Horrible feeling. Now, it surprises me that I rarely finish a single bottle of imported beer. I'd rather the tranquility, even if there's a feeling of deflation, of a regular come down.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Deathfromabove Hopeless and Useless Registered Senior Member

No3, but no1 is the worst one to do when drunk especially if you are telling someone how much you like/love them and get rejected: unrequited love sucks!!!!

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

I'm a very talkative honest drunk. But I seem to only find a person's good qualities.
    I'm also a naked drunk which means I don't drink often.

8. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

when i am drunk i am honest if i dont like someone i tell them, and if someone is wearing somthing that is totally wrong for them i tell them.....much like when i'm sober actually

9. Ripley Valued Senior Member

But when you're sober, you:
    Lol.

10. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

Yes, I love everybody when I'm drunk. Its probably why I get babysat when I'm drinking.

11. Ripley Valued Senior Member

So if being drunk lowers inhibitions, and you're more socially friendly and charitable (similarly as I use to be when drunk in public), then who is the most genuine? you sober, or you drunk?

12. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

Me sober. I have nakidity issues and taking off my clothes in the middle of the yard and flinging them into the tree is NOT the real me. Talking to everyone is NOT the real me. I was pathologically shy til I had my son and its something I still work on.

13. peta9 Registered Senior Member

I don't think you are more honest, just more uninhibited.

I once called an ex-boyfriend who I was still hung up over at the time while drunk at a party at 3 am in the morning. He obviously knew I was drunk so he just played along and was kind.

The next day after I sobered up, I was like *gulp* dammit! Looking back at it now, it's like I'm so glad we broke up. The thought of ending up with him for the rest of my life is a scary thought. Sometimes rejection is a good thing.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

14. Neildo Gone Registered Senior Member

Happy drunks and angry drunks, oy..

- N