The last time I hit a woman

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by mountainhare, Sep 6, 2007.

1. mountainhare Banned Banned

http://www.responsibleopposing.com/comment/lasttime.html

*Note: This isn't my article

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. mikenostic Stop pretending you're smart! Registered Senior Member

I would never punch a woman in the face, or punch a woman, period. However, if she takes a swing at me, whether it be with her fist or a weapon, I would have no problem defending myself.
    If the woman is being emotionally and verbally abusive, leave.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Whenever I had an argument with my Ex, we would never raise our voices to each other. If voices are raised then we both agreed to leave for a short while and return 2 hours later. But we never had to leave. I would never hit a woman no matter what she did to me for I know the power I can throw and it would hurt her very, very badly. Controlling ones temper/emotions isn't easy and that's why it is better to leave any situation that you think is getting out of hand.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. domesticated om Stickler for details Valued Senior Member

As far as hitting women outside the context of taekwondo class (where some of the other students are women, and you're supposed to hit each other) I never hit, nor will ever hit a woman. There is too much stigma attached to it, and I want no part of that stigma.

......and obviously, the last time I actually DID hit a woman was in Taekwondo class

8. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Did you even read the OP?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

An excellent piece, I thought.

Violence by women is indeed overlooked.

9. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

If a woman hit me all I would do is leave OR tie her up and call the police.

10. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

That would be back in about grade 7 or 8 lol

11. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

ditto, and she was my sister.

12. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

I've never hit a woman. Hit plenty of men though. Long time ago, however; mellowed out in my old age. *sigh*

13. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

Shorty and her (girl)friend apparently beat the shit out of some big guy in Junior High, I always got a laugh from that one.

My dad used to tell this story of a lil' guy married to a huge cow of a woman, travelling on the rigs in 50's Alberta. he was the tool push or something. Anyways, if he came home drunk, she would beat the living shit outta him - within a hair of his life sometimes. Well the whole Trailer park would hear this and then laugh. They'd even say "rough night last night Les??? HAHAHA.

Anyway things have come a long way for lil guys married to large women since then...

14. mountainhare Banned Banned

Apparently real men can take a beating from their wife, shrugging off her blows and bites.

Of course, that entirely misses the point. Some abuse by men against women doesn't rate high on the pain scale. Pushing and slapping come to mind. What makes a woman cry is the blatant disrespect and betrayal that comes from a slap, from the betrayal. From the humiliation of being dominated like a child.

Men feel exactly the same way. I've talked to several males who have been abused by their girlfriends, and they all put the blame back on themselves, or try to rationalise 'She has a problem, and I need to help her through it'.

15. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

My ex used to get violent when he drank alot......I took some good blows over the yrs......but that is why he is my EX

16. mountainhare Banned Banned

What finally made you leave?

17. sniffy Banned Banned

Too much violence in the world generally. Is there soemthing we can do about this?

18. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

Kill the violent ones?

19. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Give everyone you meet a smile. And a flower (but that can get expensive):thankyou:

20. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

i believe that if the woman hits the man and vise versa then they should expect to be slapped back, yes yes i know men are "generally" stronger but shouldnt they be big enough to take a slap back if they are big enough to give it ?

21. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

:worship:

22. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

My luck I'd be meeting Kumar. lol

23. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

:roflmao:

I stay away from that thread :crazy: