How would you deal with a death of a family member?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by lucifers angel, Sep 5, 2007.

1. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

i didnt know if i whould put this here, but if it is in the wrong place, please move it:

How would you deal with a death of a family member?

Some people, work, go for couselling, go into denile, so how would you deal with it?

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

I would accept they died and remember them warmly.
    Perhaps I don't understand the question.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

My Dad knew he was dying 6 yrs before he finally did. We had a lot of time to get used to the idea.
    When my mother-in-law died suddenly, my husband went into a tail spin. It was very hard. He had a lot of guilt.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

I think a sudden death like that is hardest, there are no goodbyes when someone leaves your life abruptly. I've lost friends to cancer, but I knew they might die, so it wasn't a shock. But my mother died unexpectedly a year ago, and its been very hard on me. Since I was away from home at the time, I did not even make the funeral. She was just...gone.

8. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

His Mom died 2 days before they found her. (she died in her sleep) My husband felt if he had only checked in on her or called or....
    My daughter (the believer) has handled it best. Grandma didn't die, she just moved.

9. Enmos Valued Senior Member

That's awful S.A.M., my condolences.
    I have truly no idea how I would react to sudden death of a close family member. Although I would obviously be overcome with grief I don't believe I would dwell on it for years on end.

10. velcro Registered Senior Member

Im an animal. Like you. Thats how. Think of the pictures of an elephant and its dead infant. We're the same.

11. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Its different from what you think it will be like. Lots of things left unsaid when its sudden like that. A parent is as close as you can get to losing someone who is an indelible part of your existence. You remember the oddest things, at the oddest times , you want to tell them things, you remember things they said and did. Mostly though, you grieve a lot.

12. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

Usually just when you think "Dad'll know" and then... :bawl:

13. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Yeah something like that. :bawl:

14. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

Went for a day trip to York today - the number of times that thought came into my head...

15. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

when people close to you are murdered its the worst. you want to take revenge for them and you get very angry aswell as sad.

its a sad part of life when we lose the ones we love and care about. but i think its better to honour and respect the life that people lived, rather than mourn thier death and not move on. remember the happy times they had, and understand that you will die one day aswell. its most likely the hardest thing we as humans have to deal with in life.

we as humans have to deal with it, it makes you question everything. but its still a wonderful world and beautiful universe. be happy for them that they had a chance to live in such a mysterious and amazing place.

peace.

16. Athelwulf Rest in peace Kurt... Registered Senior Member

I'm bumping this thread which I moved from Parapsychology because it was on the front page there, but it won't be here since the last post is from September. Plus, not very many people have contributed, and it might be interesting to see what others say. Peace. :m:

— Rick

17. superstring01 Moderator

Well, when my mother died, I grieved for two months and then moved on. I was young and lucky enough to have a strong family support structure to help me (... us) through the difficulty.

~String

18. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

I would grieve for them, obviously, but if they were murdered I would try hard as I can to track down the murderer and make his life hell.

19. sandy Banned Banned

I would be sad for about a day for the loss and then just be happy/comforted knowing they're in Heaven. I have lost some relatives and friends. The funerals were huge celebrations of their lives. No tears of sadness, remorse, or guilt. We rejoiced in knowing where they were.

20. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Since I knew my mother for over 93 years it was very easy to say farewell. We talked about it many times and agreed that she and I had a great life and knew it couldn't last forever. She accepted her dying as part of life as did I. Since we had the time to discuss this for a long time I think that really helped out when she finally passed. I was sad but happy to have known her and miss her everyday. A picture is placed in a few areas of my home to remember her by as I say howdy to her every so often not to forget her.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

21. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

how old are you?? Did she have you when she was 12 and she died at 115??

22. takethewarhome midnatt klarhet Registered Senior Member

I would ride in the back of my black car with the windows rolled up, smiling, saying not a word.

They're so far beyond this.. so why should I weep for what I can never again have back?

23. visceral_instinct Monkey see, monkey denigrate Valued Senior Member

Cry like mad and punch things, probably.