LAN gaming

Discussion in 'Computer Science & Culture' started by tallest, Apr 25, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tallest Registered Member

I get together with a few friends every couple of weeks for a LAN party. Obviously the games we play are limited to those that we own and that will run without the CD (or are cracked).

Typically we will play a strategy/empire building game as these lend themselves best to relaxed LAN gaming. We play AOKConquerors, SettlersIV and Stronghold regularly and occasionally go head-to-head with AliensVsPredator or SFCIIEmpiresatWar. Any suggestions for other games to check out would be gratefully considered.

As a footnote, I own both Silent HunterII and Destroyer Command, which are supposed to link as a multiplayer extravaganza. However, we have tried multiplayer on SHII before, and the time compression facility would not function, which meant that one game (as 4 U-boats) lasted 9 hours, with the majority of the time spent sailing in formation looking for the bad (good?) guys whilst we drank endless coffees and smoked endless cigarettes. Suggestions??????

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Deus Seeker of Truth Registered Senior Member

Unreal Tournament - my favorite FPS, from a person not really fond of FPS
    Starcraft - one of the best RTS's of all time, IMHO

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Xelios We're setting you adrift idiot Registered Senior Member

SC is good. I would say Outpost 2 but I doubt that game is even being sold anymore, maybe on ebay, it was a great RTS game though.

Uhh... Ghost Recon is a good shooter game, it's not too frantic like Unreal but it's still fun. Personally I don't like shooters where people simply run around holding down the jump button and the fire button. There's simply no strategy or thinking involved at all, just run around jumping and shooting, not my kind of game.

Command and Conquer is always fun, the best IMO was Red Alert and the original.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.