while shopping the other day

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Michael, Sep 4, 2007.

1. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

While walking through a shopping center the other day, I bought a new belt. Cool belt too, actually not so. I lost mine somewhere. My bloody belt! How does one lose a belt?

Anyway, there in front of me in the Myers chic-section is a bunch of Buddha's heads on the ends of sticks? About life size. These are supposedly going to decorate someones' living room? Who in the hell came up with this idea? Could you imagine walking in a seeing Jesus head on a stick?

Crazy that people would even buy them,
    Michael

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Kadark Banned Banned

Were Buddhists selling them?

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

something like this:

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Kadark Banned Banned

No, I mean who was selling them? Buddhists, or people of another faith?

8. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

No no these were just Myers stuff - a big store with all sorts of stuff from PS3 to cloths to beds etc.... My Buddhist friend actually felt kind of repulsed by the statues. But said that's just Westerns who don't know anything. Having one in your home may make a Buddhist uncomfortable.

9. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

Myers is a chain of stores, you know, like a larger upscale Kmart

10. Kadark Banned Banned

Oh, alright. If I was a Buddhist, I'd be pissed too, because clearly it is an exploitation of a major religious figure being used for profits. It very much belittles a religion to have its most respected figure's head put on a stick.

11. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

That aside, have you heard of Shin Sangoku Musou 5 or Lost Odyssey? Fugu-dono seems to think they are going to be soooooo fun!

12. Kadark Banned Banned

I've heard of them, but I won't get a chance to play them because my poor ass doesn't own such a system.

I remember you talking about FF12: how far did you get in that? I'm at the Ancient City of Giruvegan. So far, the game has been phenomenal, and the battle system is refreshing and fun. Did you beat the game yet? Don't spoil, please.

EDIT: I've played Dynasty Warriors 3-5 before, actually, for PS2. It's pretty fun with a friend, but it can get repetitive.

13. Tyler Registered Senior Member

Christians worship their Lord hung up on a fucking chunk of wood. That's pretty sick. You think the Lord wants to be remembered for the excrutiating and disgusting way they slaughtered him, or the way he lived???

Yeah, Christ comes back to Earth to see every one of his followers reminding him of the most painful and wretched moments of his life. He wouldn't possibly prefer to be remembered by his actions.

That one never made a lick of sense to me.

14. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

same

The are not many games that I want to play on it ... yet. So may as well wait until it gets a little cheaper.

I'm in the exact same spot. I haven't been able to play because I've been way to busy. I torn between finishing the game or finishing the hunts?!?! I'm leaning towards hunts. Partly because I think once I finish I probably will never go back and finish them.

Other than that I STILL need to get GoWII and then there's Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 I want to play as well ... ...

15. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

I really have to say, the battle system is VERY refreshing. That's the only thing I worry about other RPG, I don't think I can go back... ...

16. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

The Passion of Christ was psychologically very forceful, it reminded people that even though the Pope was eating fine food and pleasuring their sons, Christ understands their pain because he lived it himself.

Didn't you see the Gibson movie - people crying all around me!

17. Kadark Banned Banned

Yeah, the battle system will never go back to the way it was. In fact, I hear FF13 may be (if not 13, definitely 14+) real-time fighting. If they do that, I'm probably done with the FF series, because they are taking the thing that makes it so unique. Besides, the storyline so far in 12 is either lacking, or I'm just having some trouble understanding it.

The hunts are really fun, but some can be a b**** to find. I played a bit today, but I'm stuck in Giruvegan. Anyway, you have to buy GoWII, man. GoW is one of the G.O.A.T, in my opinion. Besides, it'll take 12-15 hours max, so no worries about being too busy.