fire a nuke into space.

Discussion in 'Astronomy, Exobiology, & Cosmology' started by EmptyForceOfChi, Aug 31, 2007.

1. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

why dont we fire a nuke at the moon or into mars for the fun of it?. i mean we waste money in so many ways that are not fun. why dont we have some fun for once?.

or shoot a few nukes at the moon in a pattern, one that looks good. i know it sounds like a stupid idea, and its possible that it is. thing could go wrong and we could blow ourselves up.

but is it not worth the risk for the fun that we could have in watching it?. i mean we could launch the nukes from a place where nobody cares, like france or mexico.

peace.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. superluminal I am MalcomR Valued Senior Member

Yes! I've had that idea for a looong time! I'd love to see the moon lit up like a nuclear xmas tree! And we might even learn something from it. Just like Deep Impact, we could study the spectra of the debris blasted out from under the moon's surface.

It's a brilliant idea!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. xcaleber Registered Member

lol. Dude count me in just do the research and make sure blowing the moon up wont have any negative affects on Earth and ourselves. Other than that this is a great idea! Its like everyone would have a front row seet to the worlds most spectacular spectacle. We will laugh at all those in the past who thought they were great.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

me and you should 100% run a powerful country, the world would be a much better place (in a fun and dangerous way).

i bet we could learn a ton of info from such a stunt. and even more interesting would be to fire about 50 nukes at jupiter or saturn. with a camera mounted onto the front of the warhead.

it would be a good way to test weapons also.

peace.

8. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

im sure it would have an effect on the tide but only if we totaly blew up the moon. but screw that, imagine the display with all the shooting stars getting pulled towards the earth. burning up and creating the worlds largest fireworks display.

or for the liberals, we could fire 2 nukes, one from each side of the earth. so they collide perfectly in space, and we can all see the explosion and nothing is blown up. but i would prefer to nuke the moon or mars.

peace.

9. superluminal I am MalcomR Valued Senior Member

You knkow, I'd go with both. A synchronized detonation of a dozen or so nukes, some on the surface and some in a pattern around the moon. What would be even cooler is if we did it at half-moon on the unlit portion! What a show!

10. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Just what if the rockets that are carrying the nukes don't make it up past the atmosphere and comes back down on us? We would really have a front row seat. Better we stick to fireworks for the time being.

11. superluminal I am MalcomR Valued Senior Member

Boost the nukes into space in two, non-active parts. Assemble them at the ISS and gently boost them to lunar orbit.

12. Enmos Valued Senior Member

LOL if we totally blew up the moon there would be hell to pay, the weather would go berserk. But that wont happen with a few nukes..

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

13. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Oh that's better let the drunk astronauts try to put things together!:wtf:

14. superluminal I am MalcomR Valued Senior Member

Drunk astronauts? That story was blown WAY out of proportion. Have you ever watched the amazing things those guys do on orbit? The incredible training? Hmph.

15. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

thats why they should be launched from france.

peace.

16. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Good point, the French deserve the nuke to crash back to earth

Only... it may be a little too close to where I live..

17. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Yes and I think I'd be drunk to if I had to go outside the ISS and roam around empty space with meteorites flying by as well as space debris.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2007
  18. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

yeah i know a few wouldent blow it up, just impact it and leave a crator. i say its worth the risk though, if the weather goes crazy that just adds to the fun of life.

who wants a crappy boring world with no challenges?, personaly i hope the world floods and the ice caps melt. if i could do it myself i would.

imagine the fun, no moon, ice caps melted, everybody living like pirates on the open sea. banding together in sea tribes.

amazing.

peace.

19. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

There's a meteor shower predicted Saturday morning, 4-5 AM pacific time, it was described as more of a storm. We only go through this debris field every 2,000 years. That should be fun to watch, but it depends if we hit it head on, last time it just missed us. Look in the northern sky.

20. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

same here, we should make sure the nukes are small enough, so they only blow up france if they fail. i dont midn about the nuclear winter.

peace.

21. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

80 percent of Frances energy is derived from nuclear energy.

22. eburacum45 Valued Senior Member

Fire a nuke into space? Already been done-
    Starfish Prime
    They fired a nuke at an altitude of 400km, higher than the orbit of the ISS (which of course didn't exist in those days).

23. Janus58 Valued Senior Member

It would be in violation of the International Space Treaty that went into effect in 1967.