Is anyone else scared that they might never be happy.............

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Deathfromabove, Aug 30, 2007.

1. Deathfromabove Hopeless and Useless Registered Senior Member

in this lifetime or world?

Like all the amazing events/ joys in life, having fun with friends, finding someone that you love and they love you back, having a good career, getting married and having kids - I don't think any of these could make me happy.

Sorry if this sounds stupid, but i wonder if anyone else has this concern? or it just me being weird?

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

nope! to answer your question i am so happy it hurts!

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Not me, but I know people like this that are bi-polar or depressive.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Tnerb Banned Banned

There's people. I'm one of em. Afraid I may never be able to make that sort of love to a woman. Makes me want to die. Thus, redemption.

8. Wisdom_Seeker Speaker of my truth Valued Senior Member

I think this is actually good; you have no worldly desires. Therefore you will seek for a spiritual happiness, it is the only real happiness.

9. Wisdom_Seeker Speaker of my truth Valued Senior Member

If you think that way, you are caging the possible oportunities with your judgements; I mean, just look at yourself thinking that way, trying to be depressed in front of all the beauty there is.

10. thatbiogeek Registered Member

Not now, but at one time in my life. I found that worrying if I would ever -be- happy prevented me from truly experiencing my life and thus from experiencing the happiness I desired. Once I discovered this, much of my anxiety melted away... though I'm still kind of neurotic at times (^_-)

Hope it gets better for you,
    Jessica ~Oo~

11. Tnerb Banned Banned

Good point, Wisdom.

I guess, ...people should be happy.

12. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Have you ever seen an unhappy butterfly? Animals, besides humans, don't seem to have these problems as we do but I still can't understand why. The Elephants are being slaughtered and only a few thousand are still living under protection. It would seem to me if they realised they were about extinct they should be very depressed but as you know they don't seem to be.

13. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

No, but also depends on your meaning of "happy"

Pleased? Yes, plenty of things please me, but true, undefinable, happiness? Nothing does that for me, and I'm not scared one bit of that fact

14. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

Frankly happiness is overrated.

15. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

But see, I don't think there are really any truly, 100% happy people

16. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

In that case is there something that is making you unhappy? Or do you just feel unhappy all the time for no reason? Most people seem to be programmed to experience happiness now and then unless they're in constant physical pain or constant deprivation. Why do you suppose you're not getting your share like the rest of us?

Nobody is happy all the time. Love, professional success, none of these things flip a little switch in you and suddenly turn you into a person who is automatically happy every minute. You will still have happy times and unhappy times.

Perhaps what you lack is not happiness but perspective.

17. Wisdom_Seeker Speaker of my truth Valued Senior Member

Because animals donĀ“t have big brains that can adapt to a depraving society. Once we adapt to a society, we are divided in 2; think about it, you are never truly living in the present, althought that is our birth right. Newborn kids do it perfectly well, look how well they can sleep in their beds, with no worries at all; but adults are another matter entirely.
    We are constantly caging new experiences by thinking in the past (useless), and we feed our stress and stupidity by thinking of the future (anxiety).
    If we could just be like the animals, or like a newborn child: just living in the present... now that would be a novelty. But the mind creates obstacles for this to happen, because if we manage to live in the present all the time, the division of our being dissapears...

18. Wisdom_Seeker Speaker of my truth Valued Senior Member

If that is true, then good health is overrated as well.

19. Borsviek ****** Registered Senior Member

Just remember, you only live once

20. Xerxes asdfghjkl Valued Senior Member

I was scared of this possibility at one time.

But happiness comes from virtue, not a wife or kids or money. Even though such things can greatly enrich your life, you wouldn't know how to acquire or appreciate them without a firm base in philosophy. (Which BTW if misused can be a pretty big source of misery itself)

21. Neildo Gone Registered Senior Member

+1

- N