Summer Holidays....To Long???

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by lucifers angel, Jul 19, 2007.

1. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

There is talk over here in UK to shorten the summer holidays, to just 3weeks and then have anouther three weeks of during the year, because the goverment has decided that the holidays are to long and the kids get bored and then start causing trouble for the neighbourhood, and the police cannot handle the extra work load.

Personally i think that if the kids work hard all year they deserve a 6 week break, (i know its long for the summer holidays in USA) if the goverment are worried about children getting bored and troublesome then perhaps they should have more summer clubs and holiday clubs for them to do, not all perants can afford to take holidays has many perants are on the bread line of finances has it is. perhpas the goverment should listen to kids with what they want and try to implement some of those ideas.

-------------------

If you have children, do you think they forget their lessons during the six-week break? Are the holidays a sacred island of family time, or a protracted ordeal of costly childcare and endless demands for entertainment?

If you are a teacher, how do you view shorter summer holidays?

-----------------------------

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/mai...g=yourview&xml=/news/2007/06/05/ublview05.xml

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

the teachers usualy like the break. my mother is a teacher, she usualy loves the 6 week break from school.

and kids will cause trouble anyway, kids stab each other while they are in class in my area anyway. i know what its saying and in some ways its true. but i dont think its going to help anything. i used to sell drugs in schoo, so i guess it will bring the dealing kids more profit.

if the governemt want to do soemthing worth while they should cancell that 24 hour booze allowance shit. since the government permitted the sale of booze 24 hours per day the crime rate has gone up for drunken crimes and violent offences at night time.

(surprise surprise) and they actualy deny it. what a bunch of cocks. they just needed more tax money from booze to fuel the war funds. they were running out of nato rounds,

peace.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.