We Are Too Trivial...!

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by TruthSeeker, Jul 19, 2007.

1. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

I was walking home after the rain and I started noticing a few things. The first thing I noticed was the smell of the trees after the rain. I love it. Then, I noticed lots of litter by the sidewalks, for several blocks. I was thinking "why the hell do people do that? Are they too lazy to throw it in the garbage? Don't they care about their community and environment?". Then I noticed the smell of the flowers, and finally, I saw the moon. I could see only a bit of it lighten up, but I could also see its dark side and stars around. That's when I suddenly realized that we tend to trivialize our lives way too much (no, that's no news to me, but I actually FELT it at that time).

I thought maybe that's why I've been anxious lately. Maybe I need to reconnect with nature again, and look at the universe and life at deeper and deeper levels.

The point is that we are too attached to trivial matters. We want everything to be convinient to us. So we throw litter on the ground because it is convinient, and trivialize it, forgetting about the consequences. That seems like an unhealthy psychological conseuquence of our highly consumerist principles. We value our consumption and our convenience above everything- even our health.

Have we trivialized life too much? Why? How did we get here? Can we ever come back?

What do you think?

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

We are spoiled and need another jolt the likes of World War II to bring us back.
    It will happen when the US government collapses, taking much of global commerce with it.
    Be patient.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

I'm not patient! LOL!!

And whassup with this thread? Does everyone agree with me, then!?

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

Everyone is busy with the trivialities of life.

8. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

I suppose... :shrug:

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

9. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

I honestly think it all comes down to lack of purpose and emotional maturity.

10. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

What do you mean? You mean trivial people lack puporse and emotinal maturity?

11. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

No.
    I mean that people who lack a sense of purpose and emotional maturity surround themselves with trivialities.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2007
  12. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

I think you need a larger TV, and possibly a second car.

13. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

But I was saving all my money for a trip to this year's Academy Awards! :bawl: