ciggerates odd

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Norsefire, Jul 18, 2007.

1. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

I've always wondered, if ciggerates are bad for you, how are they legal? It's even proven that ciggerates are bad for your health, and the government still allows them

Now, is it just for money or what? Shouldnt they be illegal? After all, they are as bad as crack you could say

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

Should we outlaw caffeine? Fatty foods? Sugar? Automobiles? Bicycles?

All of them are dangerous.

I am an adult individual.
    If what I am doing does not harm you directly, mind your damned business.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

but ciggerates aren't like caffeine and alcohol, they are dangerous drugs and its odd that a government wouldnt ban the product

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

Caffeine and alchohol ARE dangerous drugs.

Regardless, why should I not be allowed to make my own decision?
    If I want to hit myself in the hand with a hammer, I should be allowed to.

8. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

But alcohol and caffeine, I dont know why, but you cant compare them. Ciggerates are proven to be the cause of millions of deaths, and countless injuries. Caffeine not so much, you just can't compare it. And yet the Government does absolutely nothing about it.

I think weed should be legal, cuz its fun and makes you smarter, but ciggerates dont do anything but kill you in the end.

9. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

Injuries? :bugeye:
    Cigarette burns?

Why should they do anything about it?
    I'm a grown up - I don't need mommy and daddy telling me how to live my life anymore - expecially strangers!

As far as being dangerous.
    I'd be willing to wager that more deaths are due to alchohol than cigarettes (not only liver cirrhosis and other alchol-related heath problems, but drunk driving incidents) but you seem OK with that.

Makes you smarter?
    I think anything that harms no one other than the self should be legal.

If you think it's bad, don't do it.
    Why should you stop others from doing what they enjoy?
    Who are they hurting?

How old are you?

10. Xelios We're setting you adrift idiot Registered Senior Member

It shouldn't be the government's job to make a decision like this for people. If people want to smoke dispite the health risks then what business does the government have making that decision for them?

11. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

No, well, I meant to say health problems not injuries

Well, they dont have to do anything, but so long as its there, whats to stop the youth from getting it? And the addiction spreading? Until the whole country is on its knees.

Yes, weed makes you smarter.
    And its not to stop others from doing what they enjoy, its that it will leak onto other people, and others, until its an epidemic

12. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

Now that is absurd. Cigarrettes have plenty of beneficial effects. They concentrate the mind. They work as an antidepressant. They can help you stay awake and alert during boring activities like guard duty (the reason cigarrettes were included in rations during WW2).

And I find it hard to believe that pot is not just as bad for you as tobacco. You're still inhaling smoke, which your lungs were not designed for.

And pot most certainly does not make you smart! The term "pot head" is not generally meant as a compliment.

13. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

You know you're going to have to back that one up.

14. original sine Registered Senior Member

Well that explains a few things...

15. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

But weed can't possibly be more dangerous than a ciggerate. When have you ever heard of someone getting lung cancer, or emphysema, from weed?

16. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

You're high right now, aren't you?

17. original sine Registered Senior Member

It may be the lesser of two unhealthy substances, but it seems like a double standard to legalize marijuana and outlaw tobacco, or for states to keep the sale of tobacco legal but pass statewide anti-smoking laws. I say make it all legal and allow individual liberties, but not at the restriction of businesses. If a bar wants to ban smoking, let them, or if they want to have Meth Mondays, go for it. That which is wrong will collapse.

18. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

Hear! Hear!
    :bravo:

19. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

they allow caffine, drink, cola, they are contain things that are bad for us!

20. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Alcohol is one of the major causes of traffic accidents. How many people are killed as a result of drink driving every year (either their own or some other idiot's)?

You smoke weed, don't you? Thus, it has at least all the same problems as tabacco cigarettes.

21. Enmos Valued Senior Member

What is so dangerous about caffeine ??

22. draqon Banned Banned

23. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

Right now, coffee is believed to be good for you. It's been shown to prevent Parkinson's Disease (so has nicotine, by the way) and is chuck full of cancer fighting anti-oxidents when it's fresh.