Shrooms

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by mybreathyourlung, Jul 17, 2007.

1. mybreathyourlung Registered Senior Member

Question: I understand each experience can change from person to person, but generally, what is the experience like taking shrooms? From personal accounts only, please.

I've always been interested in experiencing new things. Especially with the idea of hallucinogenic drugs as I've never experienced anything..abnormal, if you know what I mean.

I'd really like to try LSD, but I have a pretty awesome job and I don't really want to jeopardize that, so I've been suggested to try mushrooms. Apparently I won't hallucionate on shrooms, which is fine (or now, at least) but I'm told it's a great experience.

There you go.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. darksidZz Valued Senior Member

What the hell are you talking about?!

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. mikenostic Stop pretending you're smart! Registered Senior Member

Whoever told you that you won't hallucinate on shrooms was smoking crack.
    IMO, shrooms isn't as 'balls to the wall' as acid is. It's more of a mellow trip. You get more of a body buzz, but you can still get visuals.
    I'd recommend doing it in a setting where you would normally feel comfortable (i.e. at home/with friends) first.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. darksidZz Valued Senior Member

8. superstring01 Moderator

Shrooms sucked.

Er.... I've heard.

~String

9. mybreathyourlung Registered Senior Member

Can you elaborate any more?

When you say body buzz, does this equate with the body buzz you get from alcohol? Or a different sort all together? More intense?

When you say visuals, like what? When I said I was told I won't hallucinate, they meant like, I won't see Fear & Loathing type stuff. If so, great, but I'm curious as to what sights exactly, if describing is possible.

10. mybreathyourlung Registered Senior Member

11. Xelios We're setting you adrift idiot Registered Senior Member

I've done them a few times. First, it's very important that you do them some place comfortable and in a good state of mind. This is called set and setting and has a huge influence on how the experience unfolds. I would never do them in a random public place, or at a random party. Out in nature is always very interesting and rewarding, so long as you're famaliar with the area and have some friends with you.

Although I've heard it's possible to really hallucinate on them (ie. see things that are completely seperate from reality) I haven't done enough to experience that, you're probably looking at 5+ dried grams if you want to go that far and I wouldn't recommend that for a first time. Otherwise you will see things like walls seeming to breathe, objects morphing and pulsing (as if they're made of liquid), slowly changing fractal patterns everywhere and maybe even objects melting, like a painting melting off a wall. Everything looks a little different, especially people's faces and skin in general, in ways that are impossible to describe. And everything seems to move a little, like you're looking through rippling water. Colors become more vibrant, edges become much more defined.

I wouldn't know how to describe the body buzz, but sufficing to say it's not like alcohol. With alcohol you lose some measure of control over your body, you start to stumble around and stuff like that. Shrooms don't do that, my body tends to feel very light and different, but there's no sense of difficulty in using it to walk or do whatever.

12. mybreathyourlung Registered Senior Member

Thank you very much, that was exactly what I was looking for. I wanted a descriptive account of what's possible, so that's good. I think I have an understanding of what I'd be in for.

13. original sine Registered Senior Member

You won't die. You will be okay in the morning, and in fact, you will probably be awake until the sun rises. The last time I ingested psilocybin it was only a small amount, but I still had intense feelings of euphoria and awareness. Animals would come up to me (indoor cat, rabbits and birds outdoors) and I felt like there was some spiritual connection... but I was just high. There are several experiences that are detailed online, take a look around. Also, the first time I did this, I felt like I was going to die because I was not mentally prepared for it, so as was mentioned earlier, take care to prepare your set and setting. Have fun.

14. G. F. Schleebenhorst England != UK Registered Senior Member

Hehehe....going out in public on mushrooms is weird. It looks like everyone is staring right into your eyes trying to see if you're on something and at any moment they're going to start screaming and pointing like Donald Sutherland in Invasion of the Body Snatchers.

The most uncomfortable thing about being on mushrooms for me (haven't done them for a lonnnng time) was feeling like I was constantly pissing and thus having to go to the toilet every 5 minutes.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2007
  15. mikenostic Stop pretending you're smart! Registered Senior Member

You pretty much stated what I was going to state verbatim.
    -things seem to breathe and melt
    -colors seem much more vibrant, as if the air itself was colored and swirling around
    -body buzz description is right on
    -being in a comfortable setting is paramount
    if you can, take a walk through the woods with some friends during the day; that's great fun

Oh, I've found that Grateful Dead, Phish, Widespread Panic, Hendrix, Jefferson Airplane, Beck, the Doors and ESPECIALLY Pink Floyd are excellent bands to listen to shrooming. Now, if you like raves and techno/trance/house music, that's excellent music to shroom to as well.

16. Xelios We're setting you adrift idiot Registered Senior Member

Yeah that's a good point, plan on being awake for at least 7 hours after you take them. Although the trip only lasts 2-3 hours it takes a while before you'll be able to fall asleep.

Music is especially fun to listen to and great to change gears if it's starting to go somewhere uncomfortable. All the bands mike listed are great to listen to, I would add Godspeed You Black Emperor (especially the song "Sleep") and the Milkdrop plugin for Winamp if you're listening to it on your computer.

17. *stRgrL* Kicks ass Valued Senior Member

Ever did Extacy? It's kinda like that. I never got any hallucinations on it, it was pretty fun the second time... the first time I didn't feel anything. The taste sucks ass but other than that it's pretty mellow and cool.

Peace

18. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

first of all i thought it was good. i was enjoying myself but after constantly buzzing for about 8-10 hours i got sick of it and just wanted it to end. my friend had a bad trip and started freaking out and crying, he went very wierd.

after taking LSD i have always seen multi colour dots in my vision, i still see them to this day they never go away. i just learn to live with them and i kind of see through the dots and dont notice them, but if i focus on them i can see them very clearly.

i never saw anything that didnt actualy exist though, i guess it depends what your mind is like. i always heard sounds distorted and with a slight echo effect. and i got the impression that somebody waas always behind me when walking down the street. and the colours of everything were all wrong and kept changing and pulsating.

i remember looking up at the clouds for hours. they kept changing shape and colour it was quite amazing. but i will never do it again because of the feeling i got towards the end of the day. all i wanted to do was get back to normal reality, i didnt like looking at my friends faces either they looked wierd and it was quite freaky. especialy the eyes. like big souless discs.

peace.

19. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

i thought it was nothing like taking E. when i took pills i could feel the buzz it was intense, but when i took shrooms or LSD i couldent feel a buzz through my body, it was just a mental thing with my senses.

LSD and shrooms are nothing like E.

peace.

20. original sine Registered Senior Member