Mistake @ Work - My Fault Or Not?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by darksidZz, Jul 14, 2007.

?

Answer

Poll closed Jul 18, 2007.
  1. It's your fault

4 vote(s)
    80.0%
  2. It's his fault

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
  3. It's nobody's fault

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. darksidZz Valued Senior Member

I processed a shipment going to a location out of state. I put the address as Greyford Way when infact the real street name seems to be Grayford Way. I believe it was written as Greyford on the original documentation, the only question is whether this is my fault or not.

The customer came in today to complain, he wanted to know where the package was & why it had not gotten there today (Friday). He lacked the tracking details so I found them for him, he then was going to yell but left without saying anything except "well that sucks". I fear he'll return Monday to really have me out, and when he does there's nobody here except me, naturally I'll refund his 24 bucks but the money will come out of my pocket because I don't have authorization to refund anything since I'm not a manager.

Basically I'll be paying, but there's no solution other than that because FedEx takes weeks to send a check for such a mistake, and he'd be mighty angry about hearing that.

So yea, do you think it's my fault? It's such a hard thing to catch and it really is crazy because Greyford Way + Grayford Way both don't show up on USPS.com, yet on Mapquest Grayford does?!

Pretty freakin weird, but I just don't wanna be yelled at for this, it's insane and I'm unsure whose fault it is

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

It all depends on what was on the original documentation. If you copied it correctly, it's not your fault. If you copied it wrong, then it IS your fault. Simple as that. But since we don't have access to the original we - none of us - can make that determination. End of story.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

I'd think I'd blame FEDX for not being able to see that the city and area it was going was to the incorrect spelling of one letter and they should have called you or delivered it to the store at that address anyway.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. fishtail Registered Senior Member

Do you not have post codes there? this CV28OQP (sample code) plus a house number will be all that is needed here.

8. darksidZz Valued Senior Member

Mr. Fish... I don't have the original documentation, it was typed out on a e-mail he had woot! What the heck am I gonna do when he comes back Monday to yell!

9. fishtail Registered Senior Member

Be very nice to him, before he comes, mess your hair up ,dity your face a bit
    and walk around with a crowbar.

10. darksidZz Valued Senior Member

Hey, who voted it was my fault!

11. superstring01 Moderator

I did... I have to admit to the fact that I voted without even reading your post. My vote was based upon what I've read of your posts up 'till now and I've determined that it's all pretty much your fault.

Poverty. Polution. Disease. The French.

Thanks a lot.

~String

12. Carcano Valued Senior Member

The question is pointless because you havent said anything about the zip code.

Did the original have a zip code.

If you copied the zip code it will get there.

13. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

OMG!! You have a job?!

and here in a America we have a saying "the customer is always right"

14. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

Why is the poll closed. I was just about to vote for Mr Owl. It's not his fault.

15. Enmos Valued Senior Member

The customer should have insured his package anyways.. :shrug:
    If you dont insure you cant claim your money back unless its an obvious fault of the company.

Such a minor mistake shouldnt mean the package wont be delivered, believe me ive seen worse and it still got delivered.