Our Galaxy Is Being Sucked In By A Ginormous Black Hole!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Astronomy, Exobiology, & Cosmology' started by TruthSeeker, Jul 13, 2007.

1. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

I couldn't believe my eyes when I looked into the sink. I suddenly got enlightned or something....

Here's a little experiment for you. Fill up your sink with water till the top. The brush your teeth and spit in the sink. What you will see is a miniature of our galaxy!! In the form of your spit!!!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

I observed the toothpast going down the drain and it formed what looked like our galaxy, with all the spirals and everything. And there seemed to be a natural progression. Here's the evolution

1) Irregular: It started out as an irregular galaxy. All the "stars" were scattered everywhere without a coherent shape

2) Spiral with no center (sorry, forgot the subdivisions): As the water went down the drain, the "galaxy" started to take the form of a spiral with no center

3) Spiral with center: when the water went down more, the "stars" started accumulating in the center. The spiral was still there

4) Eliptical: as the water was nearly all gone, the galaxy took the shape of a ball. To this point, not many "stars" were lost

5) Oblivion: suddenly, all the stars were gone!!

Huummm... I think that suggest that there is some form of exotic black hole in the center of our galaxy. But even more curious then that, it suggests that we are floating on some sort of ether. Since most of the "stars" were only gone in the last seconds, that would explain why we don't see stars disappear at a high rate, and this "ether" is what is making them sustainable. Once the "ether" is completely "drained", the stars are bound to be gone. In that sense, the end of a galaxy must be a quite spetecular cataclismic sighting...!!

Maybe the "ether" is the "dark matter" that we haven't been able to find. Or maybe the black hole in the center has a different nature to it. A fith dimensional black hole, perhaps. Who knows? The point is that watching that happen gave me a simple explanation to what is going on with our galaxy. It explain the spirals and the dark matter. It solves all the mysteries (and bring some more?).

What do you guys think?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

I think that's what holds the galaxy together.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. PreverseBeing Registered Member

Yea, I would feel safer if there was a black hole than if there was not one. Imagine if Earth did not have gravity...

Besides, I kind of believe that black holes can split any element to the simplest forms and recreate them back to elements which explains why everything does not end up being ununoctium (if the big bang theory is correct).

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Does anyone believe in my doomsday prophecy!?

8. psikeyhackr Live Long and Suffer Valued Senior Member

Global warming will get us before the black hole does.

In fact an asteroid will probably get us before the black hole does.

We will develop intergalactic travel before the black hole gets us.

We will probably be dead before any of those things except maybe global warming. At least if you are over 30.

psik

9. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

Not quite. The spiral arms are caused by density waves, not by being sucked into a giant black hole.

Also, if I remember right, the arms actually rotate the opposite direction that intuition would suggest. I might be incorrect on that one though. Wait 'til Blobrana or Eburacum show up, they'll know for sure.

10. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

That was a hypothesis. There's no evidence for it, and it doesn't explain everything as simply and broadly like mine.

Yes, I would like to know that too....

11. superstring01 Moderator

Also, the Milky Way and Andromeda will collide long before any danger from the mega black whole causes us any trouble (which trouble hasn't necessarily been deduced since, at present, it's what keeps us together in the Milky Way).

When Galaxies Collide

~String

12. Klippymitch Thinker Registered Senior Member

Dude you cannot see the future of the universe by watching your spit wash down the drain by the force of gravity.

13. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Really? Who said that? God?

Maybe we are God's spit, who knows?

14. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

Silly!
    Did you not read the OP?
    It's a mix of spit AND toothpaste.
    That makes all the difference.

15. domesticated om Stickler for details Valued Senior Member

More info

16. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

17. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

No. The size of the black hole correlates to the bulge of the galaxy, not the spiral.

18. brights Registered Senior Member

I view this quite simply. When you prepare coffee, you stir it, put sugar in it, and put milk in it. As you stir it, the milk forms a spiral and a vortex. The more you stir it, the more closely pack the spiral is, the more powerful the vortex.

As you leave it alone, you'll soon notice that the spiral slows down. You'll see a galaxy like form. As it slows again, you'll see that the milk pattern scatters and the form of the galaxy is gone as it looses energy from the spin.

In our galaxy, the danger lies where the galaxy looses the spin to counter the blackhole. Upon loosing this spin, the blackhole at the center will suck everything in. The galaxy will slow down first, and then speeds up again.

I think once the blackhole consumes everything, as in the whole universe, the energy it contains cannot hold anymore and then it explodes again, making a brand new universe, brand new galaxies and planets. Mind you, maybe the elements will be far different that ours and a different kind of physics will emerge.

19. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Good thinking!

Not many people think outside the box like you!

20. kaneda Actual Cynic Registered Senior Member

I think space is a material on which everything is "laid". A spiral galaxy is the shape it is because gravity naturally pulls loose collections of things into a spiral shape in space (given enough time). Our central black hole is relatively tiny 3,600,000 solar masses as compared to our galaxy which has around 100,000,000,000 stars. A black hole has no more gravity than the mass it holds. It is just concentrated over a smaller area and our SM BH has quiet periods when there is no material (usually gas and dust clouds) within easy reach for it to suck in.

DM is just an idea.

21. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

22. Gravage Registered Senior Member

There is a black hole in that center, I was continously watching the news on the net like New Scientist and such, and trust me there is a huuuge mass right there at the centre of Milky Way galaxy, there are just too many evidences, honestly if people still don't believe than please jump into the Milky Way's central black hole-I know I would jump into it.

23. Reiku Banned Banned

This is good work.