My father

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Tnerb, Jul 12, 2007.

1. Tnerb Banned Banned

Not exhaustive explaination of what I feel about my father.

My father is a very destructive person. I can sense peoples thoughts,- and although this will be looked about under skeptical eyes, I perhaps will get to this later. First, the part about me sensing his presence, or his being, I perhaps will call it, is nothing but understanding how he is as a person. I can feel how he is, I understand how he is, and I know how he is.

He keeps guns in his room. Why? To ward off people who would be threatening off his destructive way of life, which could be explained in more detail. In-fact, my fathers very existence is destructive. I would say indeed that it is destructive to everyone who lives with him. It has terminated my mothers normality, or her... what to call it? She has survived, by fitting in with his being, which of course, still is criticized by my father. More details you say? More further and detailed explanation?

My sister does not realize the depth in what I am writing perhaps. She doesn’t understand the importance and impact it would have on her very life. I don’t feel like explaining all the details about my father. But indeed every word that comes out of his mouth is an anger shoot. He is a horrible, horrible person, beyond imagination. He is not able to show love to his family, and surely has ruined my entire childhood life.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Willy Banned Banned

You should tell your father this.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Crystal Energy Registered Member

if your old enough you should cut him from your life

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

i would suggest for you to man up, if he is that bad then its time somebody shows him not to be a dick. show him your not a bitch and smack him in the face.

sometimes its the only way to solve things. ofcourse try using your words first.

peace.

8. Tnerb Banned Banned

9. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Existabrent, your profile shows that you're 21. You should have your own life now, and you surely shouldn't be focusing on your past. Shitty things happen to everyone, but focusing on those shitty things, trying to relive them, finding fault, etc, can only make your present life miserable.

Get over it, and get on with your life. You should have had, by now, at least four years out from under your father's influence. If not, then perhaps you've got more problems than you're telling us.

Baron Max

10. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Violence usually only leads to violence. If he is violent, hitting him will only provoke more violence.

11. Zakariya04 and it was Valued Senior Member

Hi Brent

how are you?

I know how difficult it is to have a father who is a knob. how is your relationship with your mum and how is your father relationship with your mum. I am sure you are holding back in what actiosn you make against your father incase of the retaliation of your father against your mother.

If you dont mind me asking, is your father well off financially, as this usually increases the paraniod behaviour. Your father seems very insecure, and everything to him is a confrontation, i doubt he finds any things funny apart form his own jokes etc..

Anyway best go Brent, but you ahve some serious thinking todo.

~~~~~~~~~

take it ez
    zak

12. original sine Registered Senior Member

If you feel abused you should leave. If you can't afford moving out, save your money. Buy a cheap tent. Go pitch your tent on a legal site and enjoy. Of course, this is coming from someone who is happy being alone and "away from it all". I feel the most relaxed sitting near a warm fire and a still lake while the sun sets. Makes me want to go right now.

Apparently from what you have said before, you've been having some issues lately. If it is related to your father or your family, you should try to separate yourself from the problem(s). I know it's easy for me to say, having no idea at all what your life is like, but consider your independence. Hopefully you can resolve the situation.

13. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

14. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Not if you hit him hard enough the first time!

Baron Max

15. Carcano Valued Senior Member

That sounds reasonable except that what we are NOW is shaped by the past.

We cant just leap frog over it and move on.

We have to work it out.

16. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

and if you let people bully you it only leads to more bullying. sometimes the only way to solve something is with violence.

i understand your a passive type of guy but that doesent work all the time. there are some situations that require force to be used. and violence is not always a bad thing it can lead to respect.

like if a bully tries to dominate you and you show him your not having any of it by punching him in the face, he will pick another target and realise you are not a victim.

violence can solve issues, as i have proved in my life countless times. but i use my words and diplomacy as much as the next guy. the only difference is that i will use violence if my words dont work.

i give people a chance, we can resolve things the peacefull way and you show me respect or we can do it the hard way and i make you respect me. its a very fair system that gets results.

peace.

17. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

How ...by dwelling on it? By constantly using it as an excuse for ourselves? By constantly discussing it, bringing it up in some weak attempt to excuse our own behavior? By discussing it endlessly on some dumb-ass Internet forum ...hoping for some magic cure?

"Work it out"? That's psycho-babble bullshit! You've said it yourself ..."...what we are NOW is shaped by the past." We can't change it, but we can get the fuck over it and move on with our lives.

What bothers the fuck out of me is that Existabrent is 21 fuckin' years old and is still complaining about his father ...and worse, complaining about him in the present tense!!

And he's the one telling me to learn more about logic and reasoning????

Baron Max

18. superstring01 Moderator

Dad's are tough and the experience with which they seed us are powerful and tough to let go of. If those experiences are bad, then we will forever be haunted by them. Though you do need to find a way to get out from under his heel, you also need to find a way to effectively digest those negative experiences and turn them into something resembling useful knowledge and not just painful memories.

One: Move out. Two: Find a constructive diversion, something physical and something that forms powerful, healthy habits**. Three: Get a good therapist (note: a wisened bartender is a damned good substitute).

~String

19. Carcano Valued Senior Member

I thought you were going to suggest that Existabrent NUKE his father...:bugeye:

Oh wait! You only want to nuke everyone who isnt like YOU!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

20. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

EFC:

I agree that there are a few situations where violence may be necessary. Domestic disputes are generally not one of those situations, except as a necessary self-defence (and NOT retribution) against violence.

I agree that you have a point there. With people whose only language is violence, sometimes violence is the only thing that gets through to them. But in such cases, violence should still be restricted to what is necessary, and should not be retributive.

21. FreeThinkers Registered Senior Member

My dad's an aggressive alcoholic who's in psycho hospital. Before he went into hospital he stayed in bed for a year. I'm fifteen years old and I am working all summer and have to give all the money I earn to my mother so we can buy food because my dad left us in 1.6 million euro worth of debt. I'll probably never be able to afford to go college and two of my sisters have been left mentally scarred by the whole thing. Before I got counselling I used to cut myself with a piece of glass because I was so upset.

Get over yourself.

22. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

i agree that domestic violence in any shape or form is 99% of the time a bad move. but in this case it seems that his father is a bully, he appears to be a control freak who will oppress brents mother and the children. usualy abusive fathers tend to feel invincible because they are the head of the family and usualy the strongest and alpha male. and the best way to knock an alpha male down a peg or 2 is with force. just challenge the dominant male and over throw him and he will back down from his dominant violent position.

yes indeed very restrictive with alot of control. but ofcourse only if your words fail to get results. always try to resolve the situation without the use of violence. but if the words fail to work then force should be used if you are the victim. but ofcourse if you are not a victim then using force just means you are the bully.

peace.

23. Zakariya04 and it was Valued Senior Member

Hi Maximus

I hope you are well

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Why does that bother you so much, i am sure most people complain about their parents until they are like a gazzilion years old

~~~~~~~~
    Take it ez
    zak