Is Earth unique?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by original, Jul 4, 2007.

1. original sine Registered Senior Member

- Yes, Earth is the only viable place to live.
    - Yes, but technology might introduce artificial habitats.
    - No, there are other planets that naturally sustain human life.
    - No, and we can surpass the limitations of human physiology.

While Earth is our natural habitat and truly unique to us, what do you think about other planets similar to this one? How about organisms like us?
    Could unknown life forms thrive in different environments, such as at higher atmospheric pressures or extreme temperatures?

This was supposed to be a poll, but I don't know if I can edit it now.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

In a universe as big as this, there are probably several planets somewhere out there just like Earth. The chances of us finding them are not good however.
    The best bet is to use artificial habitats.

Could unknown life forms thrive in different environments, such as at higher atmospheric pressures or extreme temperatures?
    Yes like those living on the ocean floor near vents. Those life forms would be adapted to those conditions.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

the earth is unique so is every planet, because no other planet will match it exactly, just like a fingerprint. but im sure other planets exist that we could live on. and other life forms live on.

peace.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. phonetic stroking my banjo Registered Senior Member

It's unique in its existence (I'm 99% sure), but in its atmospheric and livable environment, I doubt it.

The universe is a huge place and gets bigger all the time, so I hear

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

If I was a bookie and was putting odds on it, I'd be inclined to say it was more likely than not. But then I'm not a bookie, don't have the figures and would ask someone who knew before I signed away my money.