Marriage rate falls to its lowest level

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by sandy, Jun 30, 2007.

1. sandy Banned Banned

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

So only immigrants were getting married?

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. sandy Banned Banned

No. But I do think that many people are realizing that marriage is very hard and requires a huge commitment. Many are not willing to make that commitment and it's probably the best for them to remain single. The last thing we need is more divorces.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. fishtail Registered Senior Member

Yes what a Topsy turvy country, birth rate up, marriage rate down, revolving door prisons, only one in ten of us born in this country, and to top it all it is sodding well raining again.

8. alexb123 The Amish web page is fast! Valued Senior Member

I watched a news item around the time that this law came in to force. It showed an inner city London registry office. They said that before the law they had a waiting list for marriages and post the legislation numbers drop by about two thirds over night.

9. fishtail Registered Senior Member

Divorce and living together used to be dirty words, only whispered by wives
    across the garden fence, and now people do not even give them a second thought.

10. sandy Banned Banned

I still think they're both wrong. If you make a commitment you should stick to it. And living together as lovers isn't so great either. I think being happily single until one chooses marriage is the best deal. Or just staying happily single forever.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

11. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

i lived with, my now husband, for about 2 years before getting married, we had to do it like that because we are such strong people we needed to make sure we could live together without killing each other, and for the big part of that time we got along great, then we got married and then the fights and arguements started, and we very nearly seperated a few weeks ago, but now after intence help we are back on track and we enjoy each others company again, and we're like lovers again, so what i am trieng to say is "not everyone suits being married" and its best to have people live together happily than to get married and be fighting all the time!!

12. zilchonymous Registered Member

True love needs no ceremony.

13. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

Agreed...but then I got pregnant. :grumble:

14. SoLiDUS OMGWTFBBQ Registered Senior Member

AND it's almost impossible to own handguns/rifles for target shooting and self-defense. You know, I think the UK epitomizes a great nation's fall...

15. SoLiDUS OMGWTFBBQ Registered Senior Member

On topic, why the hell would anyone marry when more than half end in divorce and the bitch basically rapes the man financially? Marriage is simply not worth it: if it wasn't for the religious tradition, there wouldn't be much point.

16. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

I agree....

17. Lord Hillyer Banned Banned

Marriage is quaint, just like love-related sex.

18. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

Marriage is for fucking suckers. You invite whomever writes up that marriage certificateand all it's binding agreements into your life forever. An excuse to tax you more, edge you into the "herd" and make you a good target for everybody to take a shot at your piggy bank.

19. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

actually we are better financially being married than single and living with each other, but not everyone is suited to marrage, so its better to live together and happy, than married and unhappy!

20. Bells Staff Member

If you are more concerned about your bank account than your partner/wife, then you should not marry and you will find yourself distrusting anyone you are with, regardless of whether you are married or not.

Marriage is not for everyone. It's a commitment and one both have to work on constantly. It is also a matter of personal choice.

21. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

and you have to have a sense of humour to be married aswell.

22. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

I was talking about the government, lawyers, banks and insurance pawns, you fool.

23. Bells Staff Member

So was I foo!