Why Should I Give a Flying Fuck? - The Sequel

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by TruthSeeker, Jun 29, 2007.

?

Should I Go For a Job that is Probably Better?

1. Of course! Don't give a flying fuck!

72.7%
  2. Of course not! Give a flying fuck!

18.2%
  3. I don't fucking give a fucking flying fuck!!!!!!!!!!!!

27.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

We all know sequels suck. But this time, it won't.

So... I'm in this SHITTY job where I get paied minimum wage to do the job my managers should be doing plus my own job. I get to prepare all the food, often on my own, clean the whole place and so on. It's shitty. And I get no benefits. And I'm rarely praised for all my work, despite the fact I'm likely the most hard working one there. I work the worst hours, which nobody wants to work (4:00pm to 12:00am) and I was promised to be trained as a cashier about two weeks ago, but still nothing. My schedules are always screwed up, my managers put paper on top of a toaster (which caught on fire once), they are always criticizing me for stupid things and when I invent a better way to do something they criticize me and a week or two later they implement it and take credit for it.

Anywas. I could go on. But here's the deal. I have a better job prospect, where they woulf give me benefits and pay me actually enough to feed myself- not just the rest of my family. I don't know how much better it would be, obviously, but it looks much better at least. The wage and benefits do help a lot...

So what should I do? Should I give a flying fuck about my job? Should I leave?

Pretend this is a video game. Your answer will move me.

PLAY!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Zakariya04 and it was Valued Senior Member

dEAR TruthSeeker

Your situation is indeed frustrating and you appeared to be managed by some appauling individuals. your managers are probably scared cos they see that you are threat.

Most competent managers will acknowledge your ideas and your worth to the company, either that or they dont give a shit themselves.

Moving jobs is always a strain, so first of all you ahve to ask yourself if you actually like your current job, putting the attitude and incompetence of yopur managers to one side. if you do like your job, you should request a meeting with your line manager with your line managers manager present as well. present your feelings and all the pros and cons of your job and the situation you find yourself in. Ask them how they rate you as an employee. they should present you with positive feedback. when they do this, tell them that you have another job opportunity, but that you want to stay with them. THEN put your conditions for staying on the table, then if they better them stay and if they cant move on. if you are of real value to them then they will want to keep you, as it is a real hassle, recruiting and trainign someone else up on the job.

I hope this all makes sense.

~~~~~~~~
    take it ez
    zak

PS:- i run my own company with 30-50 employees so i have a little undertsanding omn this issues.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

LEAVE!!!! Life is too short being miserable doing what you hate. Go find another job. Consider it an adventure.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Killjoy Propelling The Farce!! Valued Senior Member

`
    Sweet !

I love polls where you can vote for all options...

Seriously, though - I don't fucking give a fucking flying fuck!!!!!!!!!!!!

If the circumstances in your list of grievances, and the potential of the alternative you mention don't motivate you, nothing said here will.

8. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Truthy

It would appear that you're finally realizing what everyone else you work with already knows.

9. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

You have responsibilities, but also a responsibility to your own happiness. Try and make a decision that covers both.

10. Killjoy Propelling The Farce!! Valued Senior Member

Taking what he wrote into account, the decision seems obvious.

I mean - even if new job turns out to be 99.9% as much of a bite in the arse as old job, there's better pay & "bennies", so it's a step ahead.

edit:
    Now I gotta undesubscribify from this thread, before I start giving a fuck.

11. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

There is that saying "Better the devil you know than the one you don't"

Its kept me from job searching before.
    Then I became a mom and became fearless. lol

12. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

It's a free market, be free.

Why the fuck wouldn't you move on???

13. s0meguy Worship me or suffer eternally Valued Senior Member

It sounds like a better job in so many respects. I'd definitely do it. Fuck them pricks.

14. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

I did that poll specially for you...

15. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

My head manager is not so bad. He often motivates me and stuff. But he's rarely around, and the place is often a mess.

They are always losing people and getting new ones. It's just not worth it. They would never give me over $10 an hour. Even if I were with them for 2 years...

So, what's your business?

16. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

LOL!

That's MacDonald's for ya...

17. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Moving to a different city and finding another job? What if I don't get the other job? Then what? Starvation?

:shrug:

18. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

Oh I thought you HAD a better offer...my mistake.

You are in TO right truth? You can do better...easily.

19. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

:shrug: i read it as you had another job prospect too

20. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

cant you just look for a new job? and if this new job looks better sounds better and has better benefits then go for it, dont give your job up without having anouther job lined up!! that just causes hassle for everyone!!

21. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

TruthSeeker, how can you save the poor and hungry of the world if you can't even decide for yourself what to do about your shitty job?

Quit the damned job, and get on with saving the poverty-stricken people of the world ....they need good, solid, decisive help like yours.

Baron Max

22. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Perhaps your marks weren't high enough when you graduated from MacDonald's University?

23. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

I sort of do. They said they would take me here in Victoria. It could be tricky if I go there instead.... Who knows?:shrug:

TO?