The "TAKE MY IDEA" Thread

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by original, Jun 26, 2007.

1. original sine Registered Senior Member

There are some ideas that we might think are so important or useful and yet we cannot spread the idea to others. The aim of this is to thread the needle and give an idea some direction instead of just filing an outline of it in our memory. The idea can be anything [permitted on SciForums], but keep this quote in mind:

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - (Aristotle)

Type: Movie; escapism
    Name: Ashes to Ashes
    Description: Earth and all life on it is interrupted in a post-modern story of the breakdown of civilization and the rise of a new era in a world consumed by a raging supervolcano.
    Cast of characters: anyone good, preferably no "-wood". Duration: ~2 hours.
    Style: Slow and striking with vibrant color in the beginning is suddenly transformed into a dark and desperate struggle for survival that spans several generations.

Type: Food; fast food; nutrition
    Name: Health 2 gO
    Description: A healthy fast-food franchise that focuses on fresh produce and nutrition while benefiting from a potentially healthier workforce. Menu selections include vegetables, fruits, pastas, and combinations, preferably without meats but still offering a damn good meal.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. fishtail Registered Senior Member

Can you think beyond all accepted or consensus of the scientific community?
    I mean science is so good at designing transistors, ICs, bridges, most things that humans think they want ,or want when it is invented (mobile phones),
    but do humans as a whole want to know about the universe?
    I doubt it, we are all tied up with petty quarrels about oil or what ever, a few think of the most spectacular things, doomsday etc but, do not give much thought to the (universe), this is what is holding up discovery.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. leopold Valued Senior Member

do you realize how many "post your ideas here" threads we have?

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.