How would people judge you by your office/work area?

Discussion in 'Business & Economics' started by Lord Hillyer, Jun 26, 2007.

1. Lord Hillyer Banned Banned

If someone who didn't know you came by your empty office or 'work space', what would they be prone to infer about you as a person?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

That I work in a office, at a desk.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Challenger78 Valued Senior Member

It depends on the person in question, as if he or she is untidy , then an untidy desk will either have no meaning to them or will work in your favour.
    also, people can infer from what you put up around your workspace.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. tablariddim forexU2 Valued Senior Member

I will describe my desk: 1 in/out tray a quarter full with A4 papers, CD, lighter fuel canister and business card. Printer, on top of which are A4 papers, 1 A4 envelope and The Writers Handbook 2007. 1 small clock, toothpicks, 2 passports, 1 mobile phone, 1 ashtray with 2 dogends, 3 lighters, 2 pens, a pack of cigs, 3 empty packs of cigs, a glass of water with vit C, an air conditioner remote control, a telephone, a stack of music CD's, various sheets of A4, a spectacle case, a visa receipt, a beer tin ringpull, a box of RW CD's and I can't be bothered to look behind the monitor. Yep, that's me.

8. sandy Banned Banned

That I like computers, planes, sports cars, flowers, cats and dogs, my
    church(es) and God/Jesus. I have Bible verses all over the place.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

9. Lord Hillyer Banned Banned

So far, Sandy is the only one who has correctly interpreted my question and given a logical response. Tabla gets honourable mention for cataloguing his personal effects.

10. Wisdom_Seeker Speaker of my truth Valued Senior Member

That I don´t care much about order, I am a mess... And I don´t hold much attachments to anything, the only thing you will find at my desk is my laptop, and maybe a cookie or two (=