Why Should I Give a Flying Fuck?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by TruthSeeker, Jun 24, 2007.

?

Should I Care About the Rest of the World? Should I Try Making the World Better?

1. Yes

65.4%
  2. No

34.6%
  1. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Nobody gives a shit about making the world any better.

Should I?

Discuss.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Keep in mind this is general. Conversely, should YOU care? Should ANYONE care? Why?

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

people should care bacause we have to pass this world onto our kids and tehy're kids, if we didnt care places like this forum wouldnt exsist, and we wouldnt get heated when we're not happy with the goverment and so forth

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Good idea, lets only think about ourselves. That should make things a whole lot better.

8. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

if people dont care why do they complain all the time about nearly everything?

9. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

A lot of people do just that. Why do you think they do that? What do you think would be the consequences of such widespread behaviour?

10. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

You could just move to the US.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

11. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

I've encountered a lot opposition from random people in random ways. Even the government makes it hard for me to do anything at all to make this world any better. So why should I bother if random people makes it so diffictult? And why should I bother if it's extremely hard for me to survive already?

12. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

What? People care there? I don't think so.

13. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

To find out why giving a flying fuck is necessary.

14. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

:bravo:

Sometimes, Saiyyadati, you just blow me away.

15. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

I do try.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

16. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

17. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

becuase there will always be a certain amount of people who dont want to make the world a better place for whatever they're reasons, but thankfully they are the small part of the human race!

18. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Are they? I know that a lot of people don't even have the privilege to worry about such things. A person living below the poverty line, for instance.

Maybe the problem is that a lot of people who are able to care don't give a flying fuck....

19. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

I've got something for you Truthseeker, hang in there a few more days...

20. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

21. Dark520 Rebuilt Registered Senior Member

In all honesty, you shouldn't give a flying fuck, because no one else does. I know that I generally don't, but can you blame me for acting in my own self-interest? It's one of the most basic human instincts, and I see no logical reason to avoid it... the saying goes, 'If it ain't broken, don't fix it.' right? Well, I find myself living a pretty nice life and I see no reason to look elsewhere, because I'm still going to do fine regardless.

22. Xerxes asdfghjkl Valued Senior Member

You should be motivated purely by a self-interest.

What is good for the individual is good for the whole.

23. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

The problem with all this ....bullshit.... is that if everyone were to concentrate on making their own tiny, little part of the world a better place, then everything in the world would automatically be better. But see, that's not what "we" do, is it?

Nope, everyone wants to think that they're something special, that they have the "right" ideas, the "right" approach to solving all of the world's problems ....when they can't even solve the problems within a mile of where they live!!!

Fix what's wrong in your own little world, then perhaps you'll see just how ...ahhh, damned, fuckin' difficult it is to fix problems in the world. Go on, go ahead, fix your own little neck o' the woods .....prove to us that you can do it. Then maybe, just perhaps, someone will listen to you.

But if you live in a shithole, and proclaim that you can repair the world, don't expect anyone to listen to your silly, foolish ideals.

Baron Max