The Amityville Horror.

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Lord Hillyer, Jun 20, 2007.

1. Lord Hillyer Banned Banned

This is a link to a 1979 Merv Griffith interview with George and Kathy Lutz, who owned the original house at 112 Ocean Avenue in Amityville, about which the horror films are based. They allege that the events are true. George died last year. The first three parts are basically just about Rod Steiger (who played the family priest in the first movie), hence the link goes directly to part four of five.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8BAWS-ss7A&mode=related&search=

Do you think that they are telling the truth about the phenomenon, or was it a hoax?

One fact about the situation that is uncontested is that before they moved in, the DeFeos lived there. The Defeo son (aged 23), in the early hours of one morning, shot both his parents, and all four of his siblings (two brothers, two sisters, all young) in their beds while they slept. He claimed that voices in the house made him do it. Investigators were puzzled how all six murdered family members were shot as though they were all asleep, even though some surely would have heard the first gunshots (it was a rifle and no silencer was used). No neighbours heard any shots. There was no sign of them being drugged.

A very interesting case.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Lord Hillyer Banned Banned

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Lord Hillyer Banned Banned

Has no one here heard of the movie??

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

It's not true.

I read an article on this somewhere, but am not in a position to put my hands on it right now.

Needless to say, a lot of people have made a lot of money out of promoting this story as true.

8. Lord Hillyer Banned Banned

How do you know it is not true?

No one is allowed to make any money from a true story?

9. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Because the supernatural is not true.

I didn't say that. Work it out. Motive. Money. etc.

10. phlogistician Banned Banned

If it were true, the place would have been turned into a supernatural theme park; "Come! Watch the walls drip blood!" etc.

Anyway, it was obvious bullshit. How many horror movies have made the claim 'based on true events'? It's just a way of promoting the flick, and it only works on the gullible.

11. John99 Banned Banned

The point is all the victims remained in their beds as the other were gettin blasted with loud rifle blasts. They did not move, this is not normal. The supernatural is real, anyone who does not know about just does not know about it....it's there....it's everywhere.

12. phlogistician Banned Banned

The term itself is bullshit. If stuff happens, it's natural. But this stuff doesn't happen, so it's only supernatural, because it's hypothetical.

13. alexb123 The Amish web page is fast! Valued Senior Member

I have research this murder extensively and trust me the super natural aspects are bullshit. The family who moved in after George and Kathy didn't report anything strange. This was a money making scam that is all.

However, the murders are very interesting as john said they were all killed in their beds which seems very strange. However, the forensics shows that some of them were put back in to bed after being shot.

There is a huge amount of information on this case online and it makes very interesting research. In fact the killer Micheal is appealing for release as he is blaming his conveniently dead sister for the killing of the kids, but he admits her murder and his parents murders.

Micheal is now married to a very nice women called ???? who runs an interesting website on the case. It is basically campaigning site to get him released from prison as the evidence is meant to show that one person alone could not have carried out these murders.

On that evidence I workout a scenario in which Micheal could have killed everyone alone and present it to the wife. However, she just gives a standard type reply to whatever someone writes. The wife will reply to most people in the forum as long as you are polite.

I will see if I can find the forum and post the link, it was a few years back so it would be good to see the developments.

But if anyone wants to engaging in a real life who-done-it this is as good a case as any. Many court documents and crime scene photos are available etc.

14. John99 Banned Banned

yeah, if you can post the links you have. I never read about them being put back into their beds but it would have been easy enough to know where they were killed. Also, Michael was a drug addict at the time so it is easy to picture him doing this on his own.

When i lived in N.Y i drove past the house and it looks nothing like when the murders were committed, nothing to see really.

15. alexb123 The Amish web page is fast! Valued Senior Member

This is the website but it looks like the forum is shut down http://thenightexposed.net/forumfaq.html

However there are many other forums that talk of the case. This seems a good one http://www.amityvillefaq.com/truthboard/

Oops, I have been calling the killer Micheal, his name is Ronald Defoe Jr.

I have a few years worth of case developments to catch up on, but this is interesting stuff. Its very sad that Tracey Defoe has shut her forum its not often you get a chance to talk to someone at the heart of such a case.

16. Lord Hillyer Banned Banned

So many people so sure about this. Amusing.

17. Chatha big brown was screwed up Registered Senior Member

True Story: I'm not making this up. A new York young man drove straight into a mall with a car. He crushed and destroyed everything, laughing and spreading mayhem for about 15 mins. Cops later found out he was from Amittyville, NY. You be the judge.

18. vslayer Registered Senior Member

do you know how many people live in that suburb? its kind of a pointless conclusion

19. phlogistician Banned Banned

So the fact that people from Amityville are not 100% law abiding proves something supernatural?

Please, grow up.

20. John99 Banned Banned

YES.