Cats vs Dogs - The Ultimate War

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by darksidZz, Jun 19, 2007.

?

Answer

Poll closed Jun 26, 2007.
  1. Cats rule, bow you scum!

42.9%
  2. Dogs rule, beware their bite!

42.9%
  3. Niether are the best, I choose another god!

14.3%
  1. darksidZz Valued Senior Member

Which out of these 2 species is the superior?

As far as I am aware dogs haven't anything in their species equivalent to Tigers, Lions, etc. This would mean cats are the superior animal, they are much more diverse, offer a wider range of skills, and are in general stronger. So what do you think based on the data, is there a dog that's similar to a Lion or such? I dislike dogs, at least in principle... in the end I'm fond of cats because they're furry, tell you what they want by scratching you, and are very strong willed. Even if you hurt a cat they'll still fight you, and if they regain strength later you'll regret ever having meddled with them in the first place!

So I propose that cats are better than dogs, and dogs are cute. What say you owe SciMembers?

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

i prefer cats to be honest, they are better hunters, they are not dependent on a pack, they can fend for themselves, and they are nobodys bitches,

if you throw a stick and tell a dog to get it, the dog will fetch like the loyal pussy it is, if you throw a stick and tell a cat to get it, the cat will look at you thinking "fuck you dickhead you get the damn stick, im busy doing my own thing"

and dont think a cat doesent know as much as a dog does, oh the cat knows, but the cat just dosent care or want to obey you, the cat will make you work for him, you can just look at the cat and know what it thinks, the cat is like "yeah bitch rub my belly, thats right mother fucker go and put food in my bowl, get go fetch your own damn ball you prick"

and the dog is like a dumb asshole you can imagine dogs speaking with a dopey vioce, that cant string a sentence together, while the cat speaks with a refined upper class english accent, when ou have a dog and a cat living together its even more funny, you will see the dog running around doing all sorts of bullshit, and the cat looks down at the dog and you know its thinking "you piece of trash, look at you, your like a servant/slave, you wont catch me doing that shit".

peace.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. darksidZz Valued Senior Member

Exactly the impression my cat Daisy gave to me every day of her life

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

At times I felt like I was the pet of my cat!

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. mikenostic Stop pretending you're smart! Registered Senior Member

Dogs>cats

Dogs are a man's best friend. Not some sissy feline Chi. Plus a cat will also just sit there and look at you like you're stupid if someone ever messes with you...oh I forgot, you said you're such a badass that you wouldn't need someone to protect you.

A dog will fetch because they have more energy that a cat does. They are also social animals. Cat's aren't. Dogs evolved with humans, and are subordinate to us...when we know how to train them. I guess you're a better fighter than you are an intellect huh?

Please get your head out of your ass if you think cats are smarter than dogs.

8. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Dogs are slaves, cats are companions.

And yes, cats are waaaay smarter than dogs.

9. darksidZz Valued Senior Member

This question encompasses genetics, biology, and behavior traits, I see no logic in moving it from your forum sammy

Which is it more, a Free Thought or a question of Biology & Genetics :L I wonder...

10. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

I waited to see how it would develop didn't I?

Saw no biology or genetics, only free thoughts.

11. RAW2000 suburban Registered Senior Member

I voted fors cats as cats don't bark at me, cat shit doesn't end up in my bikes tryes, and then have to be poked out with a stick. dog shit just sucks, although this is the fault of the dog owner for not sorting the shit out, so I'm saying cats make better pets.

12. peta9 Registered Senior Member

Cats are actually more intelligent than dogs and I've had both. They could still survive in the wild if they had to as well. My cat is toilet trained also.

And every cat is different. My cats have come to me when I called them and are social and loving and even try to talk. It depends on how you nurture them and their individual personality. They do have some outstanding, impressive and superior attributes. The list is long from their cleanliness to night vision and many others. I personally like their cleanliness, purring and they are so furry and cute. The only quality lacking compared to some dogs is they won't protect you but it's because they really can't, they are too small for one. But then dogs are really only protecting from a sense of territory more than anything and it's only useful as a guarddog at that.

There have been cases of cats given to geriatric homes for the elderly as companions. When they are ill or passing away, the cats can sense they need comfort and will sit next to them or close by. They may not know what is going on exactly but a sense of sympathy or support is there. Animals can feel compassion, stress and worry. They can't do much to help you but it's nice to know a sweet cat or dog would if they could, isn't it?

Last edited: Jun 19, 2007
  13. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

wow did i touch a nerv or something? stop bieng such a girl.

peace.

14. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

15. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

i respect cats because they are not our slaves, i feel sorry for dogs sometimes.

i appreciate cats alot more than dogs i have never had a healthy respect for any human or animal that allows itself to be taken for a bitch.

cats are independent, dogs are VERY dependent. its personal choice if i prefer cats. and mike stop bieng such a tampon you little grudge bearer.

peace.

16. kame Registered Member

Dogs seem like a lot more fun to have. We have the stupidest and the smartest of dogs; a retarded terrier and a border collie. My friends have cats. I hardly ever see them, except for the fat one that sleeps all day by the food bowl. If you try to approach one, it hisses and runs away, even when it is its owner. Cats are clever, as in they know how to get the food, but my retarded dog learned how to open doors, cabinets, and drawers after a few years. The smart dog learns anything in a few days. He is so much fun to have, I can run with him for miles, play with him, and pet him without being hissed or scratched at. He follows people around and only wants to be loved. Out of the cats that I have seen (for brief moments before they run and hide) none of them like to be loved.

17. peta9 Registered Senior Member

Some people are cat people, others dog. If you are an animal lover period, you would never make such an observation. You would know most animals all want to be loved and give love. I had dogs and cats as pets and they were all loving and social. Even my cats would come to me when called. It's true there are cats that are less social or even standoffish than others but there are also dogs that are more standoffish or aggressive than others too. If you ever volunteer or go into an aspc and give your love to cats as well as dogs, they return it. They all want to be loved.

18. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

cats choose to stay with people, they are mutual partners in a friendship. dogs have to be below you or they will dominate. dogs work in alpha pack form. you basicaly enslave the dog into a position below you,

cats come and go as they please they dont run away and get lost, thats why we have cat flaps, now 95% of dogs are held prisoner and confined to a jail that is the human home or backyard. now if you leave your door open the dog will most likely run away, and alot of the time not come back,

cats are not prisoners and to me thats better in my opinion. i dont agree on keeping animals caged up for its whole life. no matter if the cage happens to be spacious or not (house/back yeard) a cat is free to rome as it pleases.

dogs are below its owner plain and simple, cats are equal and cannot be "owned". also dogs stay with abusive owners and still show them love. and thats stupidity, a cat wouldent stand for it, if you constantly beat a cat it will scratch the fuck out of you and run away, a dog wont even fight back because you have already smacked down its morale and put your foot down as the alpha pack leader. and the dog will still show you love and just live in fear of you for good.

peace.

19. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

i am a huge animal lover, but your trying to say that you cant prefer one animal over another, wich is stupid because ofcourse you can, just because i like tigers, whales, monkeys and lizards that in no way means that i cant have a favorite out of them does it,

ofcourse you can like one animal over another type and still be an animal lover, if your a human lover does it mean you cant like some people more than others? ofcourse not,

peace.

20. Enterprise-D I'm back! Warp 8 Mr. Worf! Registered Senior Member

While the Lion is credited as "king of the jungle", and the tiger is a fierce animal, dogs are not far behind in physical prowess in the wild. Wolves and jackals especially would represent part of the 'jungle powerhouse'.

Personally, I prefer dogs because they (the domesticated dogs) display unconditional affection. They're always genuinely happy to see their humans. I've two rottwielers right now, wouldn't trade them for a cat lol.

Cats do have their perks, and I like them, but not as my personal pet.

21. peta9 Registered Senior Member

How did you come to that erroneous conclusion? Really? Of course you can prefer one over the other BUT If you are an animal lover then you would know that both cats and dogs want to be loved and give love because as an *ANIMAL* LOVER you would be equally open to interacting with them OUT OF lOVE. Loving only one type of animal does not qualify as an animal lover in my book. True animal lovers know this. Ditto.

22. Tom2 Registered Senior Member

I prefer dogs, but in a pinch I would eat either one.

23. Lord Hillyer Banned Banned