why cant people just accept people the way they are?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by lucifers angel, Jun 15, 2007.

1. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

why cant people just accept people the way they are? i mean i know plenty of people who are fat, thin, great looking, not so good looking but i treat them all equal, so after reading many of the posts here some of you "seem"[/U] to consider fatter people has less of a human being, why? why cant people be how they want to be, why should we have the right to tell them what to eat, what to wear, when to gain weight and when to loose weight?

so please disscuss!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2007
  2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. redarmy11 Registered Senior Member

I like to grade stuff.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

I accept people the way they are physically with no problem at all. It's their mental attitudes that cause difficulty. Primarily, lazy thinking and jumping to unfounded conclusions.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Raithere plagued by infinities Valued Senior Member

Why is it you can't accept judgmental people?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

~Raithere

8. Anti-Flag Pun intended Registered Senior Member

I think it's got something to do with the media and being told what's hot and what's not, sadly people buy into it. The world is very shallow and superficial. I guess not many people find it attractive and therefore it's some sort of big deal.

9. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

For me its not appearance so much as how they act......are they a prick? a bitch? that is what matters to me.

10. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

The people who subscribe to a fad ("I'm a Goth", "I'm an Emo", "I'm Punk") are just as guilty as those who judge others for being "different".

People think that dressing like this clebrity or that one is being "an individual" - even worse they think that dressing just like all their friends makes them "an individual". By doing this tyou are asking people to judge you by what you look like ad how you dress - I don't know why people can't see that.

11. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

im prejudice against racists.

peace.

12. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

Bigot.

13. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

buddhist.

peace.

14. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

Don't make me send my God after your punk ass.

15. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

tell the vegan to bring it on, i will send him back to tibet with a bo staff up his ass

peace.

16. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

but seriously who gives us the right to judge people? we are all differant (some more differant than others)

17. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

Not "who", "what": being human.
    It's part of nature.
    Enemy/ friend, partner/ colleague, acceptable/ not acceptable etc etc.

18. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

its human nature to judge others, we always stick people into nice neat little stereotypes. its not nice and we dont "have the right" because its not right to do it, but we do "have the wrong" because humans do this type of thing all the time,

everytime people look at each other they are judging them for faults inperfections and all types of things. not always ofcourse but alot of the time,

we as a society outcast others who are different and it starts from an early age, as kids in the school playground you see it best, and as we grow up it doesent change it just gets more well masked,

peace.

19. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

but if you see a woman who is fat and not dressed poroperly what do you think, do you think OMG no keep her away from me, or do you think, someone needs to tell her how to dress, or do you think nothing at all?

20. Tnerb Banned Banned

It is a requirement, everyone must deal with acceptance issues, ....

21. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

my built in response system due to bieng a personal trainer and martial artist would kick in, and think up a dozens ways for her to lose the weight and not be so fat. i dont care about what anybody is wearing though.

peace.

22. Tnerb Banned Banned

When I see a fat woman come to my house to check on me for my mental health and for her to talk with my family .......... it could get really lovey dovey in my thought process........... but no, You see, I think "holy shit she is really fat and the way she is talking is forcing me to think about the fact that she is expressing her fat in a nice way" and I catch on to this and I notice it.

it is only natural?

23. Tnerb Banned Banned

If you see a VERY ugly person aren't you going to judge her if you stare at her in the face? Aren't you going to get JUDGEMENTAL about HER?????????????????????????????????????