Are shows about weight loss offensive?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Oniw17, Jun 15, 2007.

1. Oniw17 ascetic, sage, diogenes, bum? Valued Senior Member

I was watching TV earlier, yesterday, or the day before....morphein patches. Anyway, this commercial came on about people getting mad about television making fat kids think there's something wrong with them. I know there's so much that's genetics and all that....neverminmd though. Do you find this type of thing offensive?

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Hmm, but there is something wrong with fat kids ...and fat people of all ages, for that matter. The truth often is offensive to those who are too ignorant to realize that truth.

All fat people should be sent to Darfur for a three month, all expense paid vacation.

Baron Max

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

where should skinny ppl be sent?:shrug:

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

With all the fat people in Darfur, the normal people would have their vacation right in their own homes ...free of having to see fat people all the time, and listen to their whinning excuses!

Baron Max

8. sandy Banned Banned

80% of adult Americans are overweight. At least half are obese. The rest of the world isn't far behind. Most people don't care anymore. They like to eat. And they don't like to work out.

9. mikenostic Stop pretending you're smart! Registered Senior Member

Except for the Darfur part, I agree with Baron. For the few obese people that are obese because of genetics and/or glandular problems, they have my sympathy. However for the rest of them that are too fuckin lazy to get off their asses and do something besides play WoW and eat Twinkies all day, they get no respect. If they don't like being made fun of, then they need to lose some damn weight.
    Fat is not healthy
    Fat is not attractive

Unfortunately, for some reason I seem to be a fat chick magnet. I think I'm going to get this t-shirt and wear it out so they'll leave me alone.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

10. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

ahhhhhh man you are cold :bugeye: what about some ppl that have medical conditions?

11. sandy Banned Banned

Some of the fat chicks I know seem to like bald/balding guys. They figure it's a trade-off.

12. mikenostic Stop pretending you're smart! Registered Senior Member

They also like to join internet forums and tell all the other members that they are hot and look like certain celebrities too!

13. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

And they also turn out to be male......

14. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

While eating a whole bag of chips? and itching their balls?

15. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Medical conditions? Where do the calories come from?

If these "medical conditions" pull calories out of thin air, then we should synthesize it and supply it to the Darfurians! Starvation would be eradicated instantly!

Baron Max

16. phlogistician Banned Banned

Damn, I agree with Max. Well, apart from the Darfur part.

17. phlogistician Banned Banned

I say we isolate them now, because the 'medical condition' must be very contagious considering the recent rapid increase in obesity, it's worse than a Zombie flick!

18. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

lol Mcdonalds is putting mind control drugs in the BIG MACS

Nietzche ......Project Blue Book:bugeye:

19. mikenostic Stop pretending you're smart! Registered Senior Member

Well, aside from Sonic (you may not have them up in the Arcti....err, I mean Canada http://www.sonicdrivein.com/index.jsp ), McDonald's is the fast-food equivalent to crack. I know they are a nutritional nightmare but damn those Big Macs are good.

20. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

certain medication i.e LITHIUM can and does make you put on weight, and it is very difficult for the people who are on that medication to loose it, because they have to take the medication every day sometimes three times a day, and they are active at school but are unable to shift the weight!!

21. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Where do the calories come from? From the pills? If so, let's ship those pills to Darfur ...those people could sure use some calories!! And shipping little tiny pills is a lot easier and cheaper than shipping food.

"Medical conditions" are simply good excuses for people to eat, plain and simple. If they didn't eat food, they'd lose weight ...it's a proven fact. People may have "medical conditions", but it ain't got nothin' to do with their fat or obesity. Eating too much is the cause of obesity.

Baron Max

22. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

I'm not sure, but I think it's illegal to agree with Baron Max. And it's even worse to admit it publically! So ...go directly to jail!

Baron Max

23. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

Yeah look what happened to me I agreed with Baron a few times and
    they named me the BARONESS