Obese Men with Heart Disease Live Longer

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by sandy, Jun 15, 2007.

1. sandy Banned Banned

Among nearly 6,900 male veterans assessed for symptoms of heart disease, those who were obese were less likely to die over the next 7.5 years compared with normal-weight men.

So obesity now helps with heart disease? What will the AMA say? What will all the diet police say?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19210401/wid/11915773?GT1=10109

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. vslayer Registered Senior Member

they can say whatever they want. the fact is that obese people cannot work as hard, nor enjoy life as well as us healthy people.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

You' have the right to remain fat and blubberous.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Everyone thinks they are Winston Churchill

8. przyk squishy Valued Senior Member

They think, therefore they are.

9. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

10. sandy Banned Banned

I know most Americans and much of the rest of the world are overweight. I don't really care since I am not. I just think all the hoopla about how dangerous excess weight is-- is being debunked frequently. This was just another example.

11. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

yeah excess wieight is bad for you, but some people cannot physicaly excersise, and we shouldnt force people to do what we want them to do.

12. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Even if it means that the society pays extra, horrendous medical bills for those fatties? Should the fatties force the rest of us to pay for what the fatties want to do to themselves?

Baron Max

13. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

why not we pay for smokers!! and drinkers!! and for people who have illnesses because they did harm to themselves!! what's the differance?

the thing is with you, you think people are just abd and not good!

14. SoLiDUS OMGWTFBBQ Registered Senior Member

Universal health care for the lose. People should be paying for their own medical treatment: that way, I don't lose money dealing with fat fucks and their operations.

15. Just_Not_There Do I Look Like I Care?! Registered Senior Member

In the UK smokers and drinkers generate FAR more money in taxes than they cost from related diseases on the NHS

16. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

and so do fat people, what point were you trying to make?

17. Just_Not_There Do I Look Like I Care?! Registered Senior Member

Bollocks. There are no significant taxes on food in the UK

edit: To clarify, I didn't mean income taxes, I meant taxes on the actual products. I thought that was obvious

Last edited: Jun 16, 2007
  18. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

yes we do pay tax on our food, of course we do!! and there is no need to swear at me, mr einstein

19. Just_Not_There Do I Look Like I Care?! Registered Senior Member

This doesn't take into account ages at all. An obese guy diagnosed with symptoms of heart disease is likely to much younger than a healthy guy with the same problem. A 30 yr old guy with heart troubles is likely to live longer than a 70 yr old not because he is fat, but because he is young

20. sandy Banned Banned

I don't think there's any proof anywhere. I have read stuff that said fat people don't cost as much insurance-wise because many don't go to the doctors.

It's true that smokers and drinkers cost a lot. So do pregnant women. So do people with illness: genetic, self-induced, environmentally induced, behaviorally-induced, or whatever...

I also don't think there's one perfect answer. I'm never sick. Have never cost anyone a dime. And am paying insane premiums for insanely high-deductible insurance which I will never use.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

21. Just_Not_There Do I Look Like I Care?! Registered Senior Member

Yeah but obesity costs more money than them paying tax on food provides. As opposed to smokers who contribute 10 times what they cost the NHS. At least smokers pay their way...

22. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

then stop paying the insurance and see what happens, i bet you, if you stopped you will fall ill.

23. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

and what do you think tax on food counts has!! buttons??

the only thing we in UK do not pay tax on is, childrens clothes!!