A.S.I.G.N. Observatory

Discussion in 'Astronomy, Exobiology, & Cosmology' started by bloodhound31, Jun 11, 2007.

1. bloodhound31 Registered Member

Greetings all!

I just thought I would join up this new forum and see who's about and get to know you.

My name is Barry and I live in beautiful Canberra, Australia.

18 months or so ago, I commenced work on a home built observatory in my front yard.

Since then, I have completed it and built a website, detailing all stages of construction in an effort to show others that they can do it themselves!

http://aussiepeople.com.au/asignobservatory/

A.S.I.G.N observatory website has now become a wealth of knowledge, reference, step-by-step tutorials, lots of DIY, telescope alignment, and all that Jazz.

Come and have a look at it, drop me a line and ask all the questions of me you like. If I can help, I will. If I don't know, I will admit that, but I will still try to help you.

Cheers!

Baz.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2007
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Great website Baz! And that is NOT any kind of "Home Made" observatory I've ever seen. Very professional! Nice work!

Welcome!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. phlogistician Banned Banned

Fantastic stuff. I'd love to do similar once I move out of the city.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Welcome Baz.

8. bsemak Just this guy, you know Registered Senior Member

ASIGN: Astronomy Study In Gods Name

What is that all about

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

But welcome anyway

Last edited: Jun 18, 2007
  9. bloodhound31 Registered Member

Thanks for the welcome lads! I hope to get to know you all and share the knowledge.

Bsemak, it's just my own beliefs mate, don't worry, I wont push them here. I still ask questions, study reasonably objectively and am wide open to new theories and evidence.

The Christian side of my site is available, but no one has to read it if they don't want to.

In fact, I moved most of it to a link on is own to separate it from the rest of the DIY Tutorials.

These kind of forums are not typically the right place to talk aout that sort of stuff, so lets get on with taking pics, learning stuff and building heaps!

Cheers,

Baz.

10. bsemak Just this guy, you know Registered Senior Member

Fair enough. What type of telescope are you installing?

I live in the city so a telescope is of little use there. I must say I envy you just a tiny bit.

11. bloodhound31 Registered Member

I have an older model (2001) Celestron Nexstar 11 GPS. It does the trick. I used to live in light polluted Sydney and it was still pretty good there. What city do you live in mate? How bad is the light pollution and smog there?

Baz.

12. bsemak Just this guy, you know Registered Senior Member

Odense in Denmark. I live in a flat in the center of town, so you can imagine there is little sky and a lot of light. But no smog though.

13. bloodhound31 Registered Member

Well mate, here's hoping you win lotto and move to a nice acreage away from the cities!

Baz.