Killing stray cats?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by alexb123, Jun 10, 2007.

1. alexb123 The Amish web page is fast! Valued Senior Member

I was in main land Greece a few weeks back and they have a huge amount of stray cats.

We stayed in a small village and the cat population there was very high maybe more than 100 cats. However, the kitten population was far higher than the adult cat population. From this I take it the cats must be culled, am I right? If I am right how are they killed?

Greece also a very large stray dog problem in Athens but this is being controlled by mass neutering. But surely you cannot do the same with cats because they are so are to catch.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

I think they should neuter anyone who gets sentenced for assault or battery or for shooting or killing someone.

Also for rape, sexual abuse, child abuse and pedophilia.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

What if someone was innocent but wrongly sentenced?

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Collateral damages.

8. sandy Banned Banned

Greece needs to create/enforce spay/neuter laws. People have to take responsibility for their pets. Not just let them go run free and reproduce uncontrollably.

And I agree on neutering sex offenders.

9. ashpwner Registered Senior Member

No!!! Don't kill the kities!

Last edited: Jun 10, 2007
  10. River Ape Valued Senior Member

No. I don't think you can make that assumption. Where the human population is unconstrained you find a very high proportion of children.

However, in a sense all fauna populations are ultimately constrained. In the case of cats, curiosity is said to be lethal! Something will be taking its toll and restricting the feline population, however high it gets. If it gets too high, expect a catastrophic cataclysm!

11. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

:roflmao:

i think the people who buy cats and dogs should have the spayed, and the only people who can breed are registered breeders, also i think they should bring back the cat and dog licence and it should be a bigger payment aswell.

12. BenTheMan Dr. of Physics, Prof. of Love Valued Senior Member

Well, in some countries they eat cats and dogs. If this is the case, then the West should round up all of their stray cats and dogs and send them to those countries, and write the whole thing off as ``food subsidy''.

13. BenTheMan Dr. of Physics, Prof. of Love Valued Senior Member

WHAT? First of all, what does this have to do with anything, and second of all, what is the purpose of the jail system? Retribution or reformation?

14. BenTheMan Dr. of Physics, Prof. of Love Valued Senior Member

WHAT? First of all, what does this have to do with anything, and second of all, what is the purpose of the jail system? Retribution or reformation?

15. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

If we're talking about killing/neutering strays, we should start closer to home, IMO, thats all.

16. BenTheMan Dr. of Physics, Prof. of Love Valued Senior Member

So you want to kill or neuter homeless people? Because that's what we're talking about---homeless dogs and cats.

17. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Neutering them would be bad, because that would reduce the number of children in foster homes, orphanages and juvenile prisons

Baron Max

18. BenTheMan Dr. of Physics, Prof. of Love Valued Senior Member

Agreed

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

So shall we limit the discussion to cats then?

19. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Only if you promise to restrain yourself from killing them, spaying them is no problem.

20. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

21. BenTheMan Dr. of Physics, Prof. of Love Valued Senior Member

What if you kill them for food?

22. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Boiled or fried?

23. wsionynw Master Queef Valued Senior Member

I'm just curious, but how do you know they are strays? If you wanted to kill a dog, or cat or whatever for food the you might be killing someones pet. No?