mobile phones

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by shooting star, Apr 10, 2002.

1. shooting star Registered Member

Are mobiles worth having, in this country there has been a lot of youngsters attacked just for the things, are thye worth it, what do you think.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. goofyfish Analog By Birth, Digital By Design Valued Senior Member

This web site presents numerous examples
    of why they might be considered a good thing:

http://www.cellmanners.com/news/saved.htm

Obviously, a case could be made establishing the opposite - but I'm not sure how you would find statistics that you could compare.

Peace.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

On the opposite side of the fence...

Ever been to a strange city and needed a pay phone? Pay phones are going the way of the 8 track tape. There was an article a few weeks back where there was a town up north that petitioned to save their last remaining pay phone that was to be removed for lack of use. Cell phones are an expense I do not want. A phone is a necessary evil but not one that I like.

Ever been behind someone using one while driving? Many of the communities across the nation are up in arms over the driving habits of such individuals. Many are making local ordinances to make it against the law to operate a vehicle and use one as it takes attention of the operator from the road. You say pull over to use it? Most drivers will not do that.

Privacy on one is yet another issue...

And how healthy one is to use is another...

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

I will always push an against on mobile phones, as each mobile can direct a microwave flow into your head for one, but when you look at the whole number of mobiles across the world, that like loads of very small microwaves accumilating into a giant global one.

The whole world is bombarded by data communications, the ionosphere is shot by radiation from below as it is above. The very radiation itself aids chemistry changes in the atomosphere and actually can be contributive to ozone depletion.

Other than that, yeah, phone your friend up and say you'll be round in five minutes, even though your virtually standing on his doorstep.

8. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

I'm expanding on what I previously said.

What about Resonation of particles, like the effect of radiation bombardment upon the body.

I speculate that there is a possibility that solitons (The name given to the shock wave that moves through solids), can actually alter the chemical productions within the body.

Certain frequencies will react more with particular elements, For instance ADD/ADHD although notibly triggered by Caffine and Sugar, there's a possibility it could also be triggered by certain bandwidths used in Radio and Microwave communication.

There is also the possibility that these Bandwidths can be responsible for MS sufferers and even Depression. (not to forget short tempers)

To put it bluntly, the human mind can suffer from neurological shocks caused by particular frequency bombardments, this is known most commonly to Epilepsy Sufferers, but there is a chance that everybody is prone to a form of mild epilepsy if the frequency is right.

As I've mentioned about, this could be depression, Tempers, MS, ADD/ADHD, Insomnia, Athritis, Alzheimers, Parkinsons, Bone marrow disorders, lukemia (Lukemia is especially noted as radiation from both radio and microwave transmitters can increase the bloods electromagnetic gravity, this can cause damage to all vital organs, most notibly the more delicate ones, the eyes, lungs, kidneys, liver and brain, even the testicles in males.)

I really don't like phones

9. Adam §Þ@ç€ MØnk€¥ Registered Senior Member

I'd bet someone else's left nut that the reason whales and dolphins keep beaching is because of all the EM junk we're pumping out, interfering with their navigation.

10. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

Thats a possibility, I know I originally thought that there could be a possibility of using some Frequencies to warn Sharks away from Bathing areas.

Perhaps some systems that have been implimented are Distress signals which cause the Whales and Dolphins to try and aid the distress, just to get stranded themselves. (afterall they are social creatures, and not like sharks that won't swin in an area where there is a dead shark)

11. sjmarsha Registered Senior Member

In my experience, the people who get beat up for their mobiles are the ones who flash it around. I keep my mobile in my pocket until i need to use it, or someone phones me. I don't have the ringer on load so no one knows I have one. I have also used it in a number of cases where I have broken down in my car, and needed to call the recovery people...

What if you are lying injured somewhere and can't move? Surely that alone is worth having a mobile for?

I also think that their use should be minimised, I'vew know people phoneing someone a couple of rooms along instead of walking.

12. Adam §Þ@ç€ MØnk€¥ Registered Senior Member

I don't think it's specific signals for the whales and such. I think it's simply the sheer amount of crap EM rubbish we pump out. We toss out radiation like it doesn't matter at all, we flood the world with it. Many animals navigate or even hunt by electromangetic fields - whale, shark platypus, Ausrtalia golden mole, and more.

13. Boris2 Valued Senior Member

I don't think any animal uses RF for navigation. Some use sonar. Some pick up electrical signals from prey etc.

As always I am happy to be corrected.

14. esp Registered Senior Member

shooting star ,
    Welcome

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

I concur.

My thoughts:
    You get these posers wandering around, with their 'phones clipped to their belt, or in their hand, or worse still, in use.

The mobile 'phone IMHO should be used discretely, afterall, who wants the world and his wife knowing their business?

Novelty ringtones. Whats wrong with a low "ring-ring"? Why draw attention to oneself?

People keep telling me it's OK to use a mobile 'phone in restaurants.
    Tosh. In my opinion, it's the height of bad manners, and I always switch mine off.

Minimize their use. Don't flash them around.
    But don't get rid of them.

15. Adam §Þ@ç€ MØnk€¥ Registered Senior Member

Dog radio fence thingy

I'm not sure what region that things operate at, but it says radio. I've seen a similar system in use. Dogs at least do respond to these things, although in my experience not nearly so well as the manufacturers claim.

16. Boris2 Valued Senior Member

Need I say more?

17. Adam §Þ@ç€ MØnk€¥ Registered Senior Member

Oops, I thought it was the system we tried at my farm. The one we had emitted a radio signal which supposedly hurt the dog if it went between transcievers. The dog did indeed notice it, but hardly gave a damn. Got the wrong system. I'll try to find the one we had.

18. esp Registered Senior Member

I read it and saw it was good...

19. Adam §Þ@ç€ MØnk€¥ Registered Senior Member

Sorry, so far I can't find the one we had. It was a set of posts with transmitters in the top. You place them at the corners of the area you want to contain, and supposedly the dog won't cross the boundaries. Didn't work very well. I'll ask my brother when he gets online; he's at the farm and should be able to find it.

20. esp Registered Senior Member

BTW...

The themal application of Microwaves was discovered by the British Army when they were experimenting with their newly invented RadioDirectionAndRangin equipment.

They found that anything placed between two microwave generators became hot.

21. Adam §Þ@ç€ MØnk€¥ Registered Senior Member

Yep, there's a good reason why microwave (and all other) radar systems have big red radhaz circles painted around them. Most civilian ships use microwave band radars by the way.

22. goofyfish Analog By Birth, Digital By Design Valued Senior Member

With regards to the OP, there was a somewhat related reference in a weekly mailing list to which I subscribe –
    Peace.

23. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

Adam

I couldn't find what would proably be a Dingo Sonar Fence either, but I did happen upon this site:

http://www.altgreen.com.au/Wildlife/index68.htm

And I found something that I've been trying to convince people about for ages.

I once mentioned on this board that I got the Bends from someone doing a clandenstine experiment, using Radio Frequency (Thats why I hate the waveforms so much).

It got me put in a hospital where they misdiagnosed it as a "Psychotic Episode" and got me shoved into a mental hospital, where I'm sure a cover up ensued by the use of Diethylmide (The D in LSD) being given to me.

(I should have gone through some pressure chamber not become the part of some black op.)

People didn't believe... Well I think I've found some corresponding evidence:

#########################################

December 13-14, 2001

"Whales get the bends; Noise can bring on decompression sickness in whales and dolphins" - "UNDERWATER explosions and sonar tests may be giving whales and dolphins the equivalent of the bends. The US Navy regularly booms out sonar signals across the ocean in a bid to track submarines, and conducts controlled explosions under water. Commercial shipping, seismic exploration for oil, and scientific experiments that use sound to measure ocean temperature add to the cacophony (New Scientist, 1 March 1997, p 30). Biologists have long suspected that noise pollution is disrupting the hearing and behaviour of these inhabitants of the deep, compelling them to beach themselves. Now researchers believe that it could cause haemorrhaging and decompression sickness." (New Scientist)

#########################################