Iraqi oil politics

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Syzygys, May 7, 2007.

1. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Ganymede Valued Senior Member

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. radicand Registered Senior Member

Seriously, the one who does not get it is you. If we wanted the oil, it would be ours. In fact if we truly wanted all the oil in the Middle East, it would be ours.

Sorry dude, it is that simple.

Get over yourself and your hatred for Bush and America; or is it just Bush?

Predictable.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Roman Banned Banned

We do have all the oil in the middle east.

8. radicand Registered Senior Member

Interesting, I wonder why the prices are so high?

Hold the conspiracy theories on profits and Bush. If you can make that argument, some may actually listen.

I won't hold my breath.

9. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

That was the plan. It doesn't matter if the price is high, as long as they lower them just before the election.

10. radicand Registered Senior Member

You are my hero.

If only I had thought of that, no wait you used a conspiracy theory.

Sorry to say, but you failed.

11. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

You are an idiot and going on my shitlist. Goodnight...

12. Roman Banned Banned

Supply and demand, silly billy.

Uh, you do know that oil companies pump oil for a profit, not out of the goodness of their hearts, yes?

Saddam had made oil deals with European countries (the ones most vehemently opposed to invasion). That would mean we couldn't get the oil for as cheap as we'd like. Or at all. So we invaded, killed Saddam, and et voila, the oil is now ours. As soon as we can end this civil war.
    The other oil producing nations are pretty much ours. Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, the UAE.

13. Roman Banned Banned

Since when was good campaigning a conspiracy theory?

Remember when Clinton invaded that country nobody cared about to distract us from his cocksucking intern? Or did he do that out of the goodness of his heart.

14. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

Oh really?
    We can not conquer little tiny Iraq but somehow we are going to conquer the whole ME???

With what? Nukes? Bombs? You think the American public would stand for that? You think China, Japan, Korea, Thailand ect.. whom are owed trillions of USD are going to stand for that? Hell, if today China stopped buying USD and started selling USD our economy would go into depression.

You live in some weird little bubble reality where America is all powerful and can do what they like with impunity. But over here in the real world such fantasies are simply not possible.

Michael

15. radicand Registered Senior Member

Wow is that a badge of honor. Another person on your list, incredible.

16. radicand Registered Senior Member

Of course, supply and demand could be a reason that is undeniable. However, the President of OPEC would disagree with you. Perhaps, a greater reason is the dependence on foreign oil.

All business is in business to make money. That's obvious, even you know that. At the same time, they also provide oil as a service. They also do not make much money per dollar compared to what your precious government intake is.

The last part is brilliant. Oh yea, you used a conspiracy theory.

17. radicand Registered Senior Member

So apparently supply and demand is only when it benefits your argument. Good, real good.

18. iceaura Valued Senior Member

Because that's how we, who have or are obtaining control over the key oil fields on the planet now, make money.

Why else would we want to control the oil fields of the ME? Leverage on China, yep, curbing Russian ambition, yep, but raising prices to our desired levels is right up there.

You seem to think that "we" want low oil prices. "We" don't, not if it's "us" selling the oil.

19. radicand Registered Senior Member

You clearly underestimate the American power. Truth is we are not there to conquer, nor to kill innocents. If we really wanted to overpower Iraq or the entire region we could. But, we have no desire to do so.

Irrespective of your politicians and media, most Americans are not for any kind of defeat. Additionally, those same Americans are not blame America first people.

It ain't no bubble, it is reality. America is powerful and we could do what we want with impunity. But, what is the point? We have never acted that way. Typically, we are a country that does not desire war.

Now, I wonder how idiotic I am? Surely, I will find out soon enough as all the free speech and tolerant marxists respond with cries of Imperialism, etc., or the personal attacks. I do not need your's or anyone else's validation.

20. radicand Registered Senior Member

Who is "we"? And, why would "we" desire to have raising prices?

21. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

22. radicand Registered Senior Member

Did you actually read any of those? My guess is no. My guess is also that you are entirely clueless when it comes to issues of national security.

I should have clarified to say we generally are not interested in going to war. Oh yeah, I did say that. Protecting our interests during small skirmishes is usually approved, but long wars such as Revolutionary, Civil, WW1, WW2, Korea, Vietnam, and the current war usually leave a foul taste in our mouths. We spend a good chunk of time debating before initiating or entering a war. We debated for 14 months before entering Iraq.

We protect our own interests here and abroad. But anything that takes too long, we generally frown upon.

23. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Heheh