This is disgusting

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by TruthSeeker, May 6, 2007.

1. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

This bastard who had just become a judge had something against these small business people and is trying to get $65 million from them over a pair of pants. What an asshole...!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Judge: Cleaner owes me $65 million for pants
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18471265/

"WASHINGTON - The Chungs, immigrants from South Korea, realized their American dream when they opened their dry-cleaning business seven years ago in the nation's capital.

For the past two years, however, they've been dealing with the nightmare of litigation: a $65 million lawsuit over a pair of missing pants."

Two words: ABUSE OF POWER.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Bells Staff Member

This case shows why Tort reform is essential.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

Well, that judge should go straight to jail.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. mountainhare Banned Banned

If I were that couple, I'd just move back to South Korea. To hell with the litigation process. Let them try and get my money when I'm halfway across the world!

8. Mosheh Thezion Registered Senior Member

HES A LAWYER.....

THEY OFFERED HIM 12,000 to drop the case...

he is a bastard.

i cant see any judge giving him that kind of money.

hopefully the judge is not his friend.

the dry cleaner... cant pay anyway...

in many cases...

the lawyers, ask for huge amounts... because they know it will be knocked down to some smaller number...
    they start real high... to make it possible to get a million or so, and it will be 50 to 100 times less than what they asked for. /..... which is still a million.

i say... the only thing to do... is buy him 10 pairs of pants.

-MT

9. weed_eater_guy It ain't broke, don't fix it! Registered Senior Member

kinda reminds me of a case a friend told me about where a guy got sunburnt using this company's sunblock, with AN SPF OF 2!!! Naturally, he got cooked extra-crispy, claimed it ruined his whole vacation, and got a lawyer to help him sue the company that sold him the sunblock for, naturally, millions in pain-and-suffering. My friend tells me that the judge held the laywer in contempt for bringing such a stupid case to his courtroom, but thaaat sounds fishy to me.

Although it'd be great if a judge could hear the lawyer's opening statement for this laundry case, go "wtf? that's retarded!", and throw him in a cell for 24 hrs out of principle.

10. kenworth dude...**** it,lets go bowling Registered Senior Member

11. original sine Registered Senior Member

The case will rule in favor of the Chungs if it isn't thrown out. At worst the Chungs will have to pay a small fine, and probably the cost of the hearing or trial. Unless frivolous lawsuits are back in season.