Glorious war

Discussion in 'History' started by fishtail, May 6, 2007.

1. fishtail Registered Senior Member

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. dixonmassey Valued Senior Member

One thing for sure, the world wouldn't be a bit better without those wars.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

No, I doubt it. I think there are "Leaders", "Warriors" and "Peasants" in the world. Without wars and conflict, the "Warriors" turn to other avenues for which to ply their trade and satisfy their needs. Wars are necessary for any number of reasons, as history has taught us.

Just think about it; if there'd never been any of those wars on Earth, how fuckin' many people would there be now? In Europe, it would be standing room only!

Baron Max

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. fishtail Registered Senior Member

That was my thought, horrible as it may seem the human race need wars to
    keep population in check.

8. weed_eater_guy It ain't broke, don't fix it! Registered Senior Member

Life on this planet is plentiful, and as such, it must be compeditive to survive. War is mankind's amplification of this compeditive nature I think. It's gone from fist fights, to beating each other with sticks, to spears, to projectiles and cutting weapons, all the way up to long-range cruise missiles, tanks, nerve gas, and nukes. Just business as usual for a species of this planet: competitive instinct.

On the flip side, this competitive instinct has let us survive and evolve to become the dominant form of life on this planet. As we now come to terms with the fact that we must now not only participate in the planet's life cycle but monitor and protect it, who knows, maybe we will be able to use our compeditive nature to save life as we know it from future doom.

War is part of a double-edged sword, one that we should be glad allowed us to exist up to this point in time. Now we need to learn how to use this sword for the good of the life of this world that we hold dear.

9. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

But not everyone holds the life that exists in the world dear. What about them? And isn't it obvious, from the numerous conflicts all around the world, that all people aren't as happy as pigs in the mud on a hot summer day?

See? Not everyone has what you have, so you need to vary your perspective some before you make such all-encompassing statements.

Baron Max

10. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

And not just population, but attitudes and cultures and many such things.

And let's not forget ...there really are people in the world who enjoy combat, fighting, killing, testing themselves against others, etc. Those who deny that they exist are ...well, blind as f**kin' bats!

Maybe the world should get together and set aside some isolated place where such men and women could go fight and kill and die? I mean, like Africa, for example ...that's what they do there mostly now anyway. So ...let each culture locate the warriors and send them to Africa to fight and test their skills in combat.

Baron Max

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2015