Any good cooks?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by fishtail, May 5, 2007.

1. fishtail Registered Senior Member

We all need food to live, the art is making some thing that both looks nice
    and tastes nice, i am a see whats in the pantry and throw it together sort
    of cook, some times the result is nice others not so.
    I all so refuse to spend hours in the kitchen preparing a meal (i live on my own), which makes it even harder with quantities in recipes.
    So if you cook what do you cook?

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Spaghetti is good and it makes good leftovers too

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Chatha big brown was screwed up Registered Senior Member

I can cook any freakin thing, and if I have never cooked it, you show me how and I'll fuckin cook it. My last jobs were in New York city restaurants. I like elaborately prepared meals, cooked with fresh recipes, especially my meat. I only buy whole and fresh poultry any chance I get.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

I live alone and I love to cook. My biggest problem, of course, is to make most anything, you have to make a lot more than one person can eat. Cooking is fun, relaxing and you can eat the results.

What other form of entertainment can give you all of those together?

Italian and Chinese are my favorites, but I also like Mexican food.

Baron Max

8. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

i am a fabulous cook, i was going to be a chef! but then i decided not to be years back,

i cook italian, chinese (all types), west indian, japanese, korean, french, english cuisine,

my specialty has to be jerk chicken rice and peas, and i cook a mean chinese full buffet of everything, my roast duck is superb,

but i cant cook char siu bao! i just fail horribly every time, also i cannot cook dim sum, for some reason i am shit with dim sum and char siu bao,

peace.

9. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

ahh baron has good taste my 2 favorite also! but i love carribean food nearly as much, bread fruit sucks balls though,

peace.

10. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Oh, sure, But what the hell do you do with it all? ...invite in the entire neighborhood to feast at your table?

The problem with cooking is that it's expensive, so you don't want to make more than you can eat. That's just wasteful ...as well as expensive.

By the way, Chinese roast duck is not such a big deal with the right oven ...you basically stick the duck in the oven and set the temperature!

Baron Max

11. fishtail Registered Senior Member

Beef chili? a fiery rounded hot one, i have yet to find the perect chil, it must
    be very hot but not sharp hot.

12. fishtail Registered Senior Member

Chinese food is yummy, it is the only one i can eat and eat, most western
    food is to stodgy but, i do like my spoted dick and custard.

13. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

blasphemy! you insult my duck, i am speachless

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

, i do not just stick it in the oven thank you very much! it took me ages to get the marinades and spices just right through trial and error. constantly basting it to perfection and bringing it out of the oven at just the right second when the skin is still sticky with marinade but crisp underneath. you swine!:bawl:

ps i obviously do not cook all of the above at once! what a clash, and yeah cooking food is so expensive im better off eating out every day i guess? or should i fast.

you would love my duck. its lip smacking good,

peace.

14. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

spotted dick and custard kicks ass. i like rolly poley and custard too. yeah chinese food is great but in most take away places they can use way too much oils and it fills you up fast. i only eat in a chinese restaraunt if i see mainly other chinese people eating in there too,

peace.

15. dixonmassey Valued Senior Member

I'm a sucker for the simplicity, can't stand making anything elaborated. I cook as simple as possible and nutricious as possible food in the shortest possible time. That usually means aesthetically not quite appealing concoction cooked in one, maximum two, pans for which one can't find a recipe in a cook book. Besides, living in the USA is really stressful for tastebuds, stomach and vomiting reflexes. The food (both cooked, premanufactured or "fresh") suck elephant's arse.

16. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

speaking of elephant ass. who has tried elephant? whats it like?

peace.

17. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Then ye're makin' something OTHER THAN Chinese roast duck! Roast duck is very plainly a fuckin' young duck roasted in an oven for umpty-eleven hours. The whole object of it is that the ducks own juices create the flavor. Ain't no marinade or basting or artificial flavors involved. So ....what the hell are you cooking???

Baron Max

18. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Seriously, look into cooking Italian food. It's easy, with lots of great nutricious ingredients and many great dishes are cooked in the same frying/saute pan. Check it out, you'll be surprised at how easy it is ....as well as great to eat. The women will flock to your doorstep and when you open the door, they'll be on their knees begging like little lost puppies!

Baron Max

19. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

marinated duck. but its still roasted, black bean duck, hoisin duck depends what i feel like.

i cant dry roast ducks i dont do that, and im not fond of the plain way of cooking. have you never had marinated roast duck before. ?

peace.

20. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

yeah italian food is very simple too cook,

peace.

21. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

22. fishtail Registered Senior Member

The best meal i had in Italy was (soupa de pesk) spelling, i don't know if it
    was traditional, it consisted of various sea food in a light sauce, i ate everything apart from the octopus and shells, i put the octopus in my mouth
    but couldn't swallow it.

23. fishtail Registered Senior Member

Oh yes, does any one know how to cook (osso buko) spelling, i had it on the German Polish boarder, German side, it was a sort of beef stew.