China pet food components mislabeled to avoid inspections

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by sandy, May 3, 2007.

1. sandy Banned Banned

CHINA PET FOOD COMPONENTS WERE MISLABELED TO AVOID INSPECTIONS...

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

A Chinese company who sold contaminated wheat gluten to pet food suppliers in the US failed to disclose that it was shipping food/feed to the US, so nothing had to be inspected.

If I had a pet who was even sickened by this I would be filing a lawsuit so fast their heads would spin. And I am not a lawsuit kind of chick. Most people I know like their pets better than their family.

http://www.iht.com/bin/print.php?id=5532846

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. darksidZz Valued Senior Member

Baby I'd love to be apart of that :C~

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. phonetic stroking my banjo Registered Senior Member

Surely your standards haven't dropped that low, sam? =/

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

I dint think sandy has that low standards

8. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

Ain't Gobalized Capitalism grand?

9. sandy Banned Banned

10. Sock puppet path GRRRRRRRRRRRR Valued Senior Member

The US is chinas largest customer isn't it? If you open a shop you don't purposefully kill your best clientel.

11. mikenostic Stop pretending you're smart! Registered Senior Member

Sandy, I see you've had your daily dose of Vitamin Conspiracy-Theory.

12. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

Stop eating pet food, sandy.

13. mikenostic Stop pretending you're smart! Registered Senior Member

14. Oniw17 ascetic, sage, diogenes, bum? Valued Senior Member

Fish raise in sewage...heh. I dont eat fish.

15. Neildo Gone Registered Senior Member

Buy local. Have fun shopping at Wal-Mart!

- N

16. Exhumed Self ******. Registered Senior Member

I heard they did it so they would fool a test and get a higher protein count, to make it more attractive. This amazes me. Did they not think people would notice when their best friend dropped dead? And for very little reward too...

17. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

you shouldent feed your pets crap anyway, i only fed my pets real meat or live animals,

i used to feed my cats live rabbits, and i used to feed my dog boiled chicken lamb or beef, i say if its not fit for human consumption then my pets aint eating it either, if something is called "dog food" or "cat food" i know its second rate bullshit,

i only didnt feed my dog live raw meat because i didnt want it getting a taste for human flesh and attacking little kids for meat.

but my cats used to get fed live prey, and if i didnt feed them they wouldent care they would go and catch some food on their own.

peace.

18. mikenostic Stop pretending you're smart! Registered Senior Member

I think you've been hanging around Michael Vick and his cousin too much.
    Can you pass the pipe over to us please?

19. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

i dont know who they are. im sure it was a funny joke though for people who know of him.

ps- wasnt this thread called something like, "disgusting horrible and inhumane" like 2 seconds ago?.

peace.

20. mikenostic Stop pretending you're smart! Registered Senior Member

That's right. You're across the pond, aren't you?

Michael Vick is the quarterback of the Atlanta Falcon's National Football League team. He is on the verge of being indicted for his presumed involvement in a big dog fighing ring at one of his houses/estates that one of his cousins was living in. It was raided by the po po in May and they found all sorts of dog fighting paraphernalia and shit.
    The feds are now getting involved in this. This is crazy shit. Not many people over here wouldn't know who Michael Vick is.
    http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/ATL/10217496

Your raw meat comment made me think of that because those dogs can be fed raw meat to make them more aggressive; I merely made a facetious comparison.
    If he was involved in dogfighting, I hope he goes to jail and gets banned from the NFL.

21. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

lol i get it now. hey i dont think he should be banned completely from the nfl though thats a bit harsh, dogs have nothing to do with football,

he should serve his punishment according to the regular laws but his job should not be involved. because you wouldent send a bank manager to jail for dog fighting, and then tell him he cannot run a bank either because of his crime.

people should be trated fair and equal, its like letting paris hilton out early, just the other end of the extream, and yeah thats why i didnt feed my dog raw meat or live prey, i wouldent mind it being aggressibe with me, just worried that it might have turned on other people who cant kick its ass,

dogs are easy to beat 1 on 1, they have very weak legs and only 1 weapon, if you control its head and take its legs out you have won,

peace.

22. mikenostic Stop pretending you're smart! Registered Senior Member

If he gets charged, and more specifically convicted for this , especially if it's in a federal court, he will most likely be banned.
    The new NFL commissioner Roger Goodell has suspended something like five different players for their off field conduct. One player in particular is a cornerback for my team, the Tennessee Titans; Adam "Pacman" Jones. He was suspended for the whole season for a few of his off field childish behavior. You can go to www.nfl.com and read up about this.
    I fully agree with the new policy. There are entirely too many players that think they can get away with any type of behavior simply because of their status.
    And yes, he should be punished for his job for off field antics. He is in the spotlight. Plus, the NFL is supposed to represent professionalism. Commissioner Goodell has explicitly stated that he is cracking down on unprofessional off field behavior.

Yeah but they also have a VERY HIGH threshold for pain and if you've ever seen two dogs fight, or even play fight, you will know that it goes lightning fast. You might take a dog (let's use Dobermans, GSD's, Akitas, Rotties, and Pits as example breeds) one on one, but you will suffer at least one NASTY bite. If they grab a hold of your arm, in a fit of rage or aggression, you're not going to be able to try to punch them or what not. The only thing you can pretty much do there, is endure the pain of the bite for a second and grab their throat; and you'd most likely have to do that whilst the dog is thrashing its head back and forth with your arm in their mouth.
    I agree with what you said about the dogs to a point, but I also think you underestimate them somewhat too.

23. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

just because somebody is in the spotlight it doesent mean they should be punished more than other people, thats called being bias, and setting one rule for some and another for others.

we dont like it when velebs get special treatment, so we shouldent like it when they get extra punishment either, it should work both ways, as i said before about the bank manager he is supposed to be proffessional also and uphold certain qualities, now if he got fired for a crime that has nothing to do with his job it would be unjust.

the punishment should fit the crime. and people should be treated fair and equal, you say he shouldent think he can get away with it, well if he was punished in the court of law then he wouldent get away with it would he, he would have got the same punishment as a regular joe.

and yes dogs can fight but they are weak compared to a fully grown human male, they have only 1 weapon and way of attack. the worst a dog could do to me or someone of equal skill is get a single non lethal bite in, when fighting a dog they can be tricked easily they are stupid animals, they do not know the difference between an arm and an empty sleeve. all i have to do is make it bite down on an item of clothing and its only weapon is occupied,

i could just take my shoe off and smack the dog with it untill it bites down on the shoe (wich it will do) then grab the dogs head and break it. as soon as the dog bites down on something the fight is over and i have won,

dogs have a good threshhold for pain yes i agree, but i can snap the dogs bones they are very weak limbed, i lay fight with dogs all the time, from pitbulls, tosas, dobes, mastifs, wolf hybrids. i help teach my friends dogs how to fight. i am the only one who will let the dog go all out on me and attack me, and its the same thing every time dissable the dogs head with a standard lock, take it to the floor and pin it down and it cant do a thing,

dogs are very weak animals, they have a reputation because people dont know how to handle them, they can also be easily dominated. the only thing a dog has that is good in battle is a strong neck and jaws, apart from that the dog is a weak animal on its own, thats why they are pack animals they just cant hunt alone and take down prey they are too weak.

peace.